Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Support Officer
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ranjitnarula
I went to receive my son from Heathrow T5 today. As with all passenger, I picked him from departures where he was ready and waiting for me. I stopped my car so that he could put in his luggage in the boot. A Community Support Officer appeared and said he would need to issue me with a parking ticket. I argued with him that my son was there and said he could send it to me by post since I found it ridiculous.

My question is:

- Can a community support officer issue a parking ticket in such a circumstance?

- I also recall reading that a parking ticket needs to be issued to a driver for it to be valid and cannot be sent by post

The CSO did not take any photographs.

I just drove off afer my son sat in the car

Can someone please advice me if I can expect a notice or was it an empty threat?

Thanks for the help
general_piffle
My unprofessional opinion is that you're correct and this was indeed a case of someone in uniform trying to wied what little power a CSO actually has.
Bagshot
You may get a PCN by post.

What are the signs and lines like where you stopped?
southpaw82
It depends what the tickets was for. If it was for a breach of the byelaws or a road traffic offence (i.e. not a decriminalised parking matter) then the CSO (acting as a traffic warden) could well issue an FPN. Since the opportunity to issue an FPN was not taken up the matter could proceed to the magistrates' court by way of summons. I've no idea how likely that is.
ranjitnarula
QUOTE (Bagshot @ Sun, 15 Jul 2012 - 20:25) *
You may get a PCN by post.

What are the signs and lines like where you stopped?

It was in Terminal 5 where cars are allowed to stop and drop/pick up passengers. Hence there was no yellow lines . It does not say anywhere that only cars who are dropping passengers are allowed to stop and that one cannot pick up
Neil B
QUOTE (ranjitnarula @ Sun, 15 Jul 2012 - 20:58) *
where cars are allowed to stop and drop/pick up passengers.

So you say.

The CSO seems to think differently, obviously. Is it on Streetview?
clark_kent

Setting down passengers

There are set-down lanes outside the terminals. You may unload on the terminal forecourt but waiting is not permitted. Police and airport staff patrol the forecourts and will ask waiting vehicles to move on.

Picking up passengers

If you are meeting someone from a flight you must use the Short Stay Car Park. Waiting is not permitted on the terminal forecourt.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/transport-a...gdownpassengers
The Slithy Tove
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Mon, 16 Jul 2012 - 11:34) *
Setting down passengers

There are set-down lanes outside the terminals. You may unload on the terminal forecourt but waiting is not permitted. Police and airport staff patrol the forecourts and will ask waiting vehicles to move on.

Picking up passengers

If you are meeting someone from a flight you must use the Short Stay Car Park. Waiting is not permitted on the terminal forecourt.

There's a difference between what a company's website says, and what the legal position is. So far, we know only the former, and not whethere there's a TRO or Byelaw in place that prevents pick-up. IMO, what's wrong with picking up someone who is waiting at the kerbside - that much ought to be allowed, as it is no more disruptive than dropping someone off.
clark_kent
QUOTE (The Slithy Tove @ Mon, 16 Jul 2012 - 11:37) *
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Mon, 16 Jul 2012 - 11:34) *
Setting down passengers

Picking up passengers

There's a difference between what a company's website says, and what the legal position is. So far, we know only the former, and not whethere there's a TRO or Byelaw in place that prevents pick-up. IMO, what's wrong with picking up someone who is waiting at the kerbside - that much ought to be allowed, as it is no more disruptive than dropping someone off.

Try asking for these for some light bed time reading...

The Heathrow Airport Limited (Prescribed Routes) (No. 01) Order 2007

The Heathrow Airport Limited (Prohibition of Stopping on Cab Ranks) (No. 01) Order 2007

The Heathrow Airport Limited (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (No. 01) Order 2007

The Heathrow Airport Limited (Speed Limits) (No. 01) Order 2007

Heathrow Airport Limited (Traffic Management) Amendment No.1 Order 2008

Heathrow Airport Limited (Traffic Management) Amendment No.2 Order 2008

Heathrow Airport (Parking Places) No. 1 Order 2008

Heathrow Airport (Amendment 1) Traffic Order 2009

Heathrow Airport (Longford Roundabout Access Road) Order 2009

Heathrow Airport (Terminal Five - Landside Road Network) Order 2009

Heathrow Airport (Terminal Three Departures Forecourt) Order 2009

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.