Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: unsigned n.i.p / pace help needed please.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
lee123
hello, another site gave me advice on sending back n.i.p unsigned but upon finding this site i fear the information is incorrect / out of date.

it advised ONLY to send back n.i.p unsigned and mentioned nothing about PACE.

i have done this and am now worried that i have messed up.

so as it stands , having sent it back unsigned with no pace statement , will i now have to accept the fine and 3 points or as it was only sent back yesterday , could i do a PACE statement and sent it back asap or should it have been with the unsigned n.i.p.

i may find my answer by looking more thoroughly at more posts, so apologies if this has been covered and i just havn't found it yet , but after thinking i found a loophole , i am now in a bit of a panic.

thanks

lee
Lance
Yes, I'm afraid your info was out of date. The case of Francis on 16/3/04 decided that you have to sign the document in which you give the information.

When did you receive your NIP? You have 28 days from that date to return the requested info.

Do you have a copy of the NIP or a note of the reference? It is probably not essential to return the original of the NIP with the PACE statement, just a good idea.

They will probably write back to you telling you to sign anyway.
lee123
hello

sorry a bit vague in first post.

nip was originally sent to employer and on to me about 28 days after offence but within 14 days to employer.

i sent this back unsigned and got a second nip with a letter drawing my attention to the 28 days to send it back to them.

i sent the second one back , unsigned yesterday , but today got a letter saying "i have to advice you that under section 172, road traffic act 1988 you are required to complete this statutory document within 28 days from the date on the form"

"failure to comply with this requirement will result in further action being instigated"

although they would have also have received my second unsigned one back today ,i'm guessing had i have received this letter yesterday before i sent nip back i might have still been in with a chance of doing a pace ? is there no chance of sending back a pace today?

thanks
andy_foster
Lee,

It would help if you supplied us with a little more info. The "READ THIS FIRST" post should give you an indication.

The unsigned route seems to work in Scotland, and in certain circumstances in Thames Valley.
Lance
Can we take this one step at a time, please?

An NIP was sent to your employer.
What happened next? He filled it with your name and returned it? He passed it to you and you completed it? What?
lee123
have got no copy of original nip only a reference number on letter i got today , this is now also about 40 days after i received first nip

thanks
Lance

What happened next? He filled it with your name and returned it? He passed it to you and you completed it? What?
Lance
f(*&)(*&ing post times!
Lance

lee123
1. Was the offence in England or Scotland   ENGLAND
2. The name of the Constabulary      KENT
3. Date of the offence             25 / 06 / 05
4. Date of the NIP                   30 / 06 / 05
5. Date you received the NIP    20 / 07 / 05
6. Was the NIP addressed to you?   EMPLOYER
7. Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery?  1ST TO ME , EMPLOYER UNKNOWN
8. Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? If not then what is your relationship with the vehicle?  REGISTERED WITH EMPLOYER , I WAS DRIVING AS AN EMPLOYEE
9. Do you hold a UK or foreign driving licence.   U.K
10. How many current points do you have?    0

sorry overlapping posts here.

was sent to employer , he filled it out with my details and sent it back . i then received my first nip , i sent it back unsigned and got a second one  back drawing my attention to 28 days in which to complete , i sent this back unsigned yesterday, with no PACE. this is now about 40 days since I received my first nip.  as it stands they have now sent me the letter in above post but should have received my second unsigned nip today.

hope that this is clearer.

thanks
Lance
It's still slightly unclear - it might help if you put the dates of each of your NIPs.

Did the second NIP also give you 28 days?

I would consider ringing them up saying that you realise now you should sign the info and can they send you another form. Grovel if necessary.

And keep copies of correspondence!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.