Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CPN 62J Wheels on the footpath
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
cycling widow
I have received a PCN for contravention of 62J. However, the road and pavement run into each other, i.e. there is no curb. I suspect that the stones used to make up the road and footpath may be different but as yet I have not checked. I was not aware that I had parked on the "footway" but just in the parking bay. If there had been a raised curb I would have been aware and changed my parking position. I have asked for a still of the footage as the PCN is issued from CCTV. Do I have any grounds to appeal.
Gan
Appeals are usually won on paperwork and procedure mistakes rather than the action itself

Post up your ticket, every page, with your personal details concealed (Don't alter the original)

Also a link to the Streetview location
ItchyCrakus
Opinions and advice formed on this site usually require at least some level of facts, in order to make informed judgements on your case. A defence in many cases is formed from the paperwork and not actually the contravention.

You will need to post the PCN (with all your personal details removed) and at least an idea of exact location with some pictures if possible.
cycling widow
scanned images as requested
ItchyCrakus
I cannot see much wrong with it, but there are those better qualified and may know something about teh location I do not.

When did you receive the PCN. I believe it is deemed served two days after posting. What was the Franking date on teh letter?

You have the opportunity to get the photos. Request them now. Others will be along later to help.
cycling widow
opposite side of the road to CR8 2AB
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (cycling widow @ Thu, 12 Jul 2012 - 12:19) *
I have received a PCN for contravention of 62J. However, the road and pavement run into each other, i.e. there is no curb. I suspect that the stones used to make up the road and footpath may be different but as yet I have not checked. I was not aware that I had parked on the "footway" but just in the parking bay. If there had been a raised curb I would have been aware and changed my parking position. I have asked for a still of the footage as the PCN is issued from CCTV. Do I have any grounds to appeal.

Some light reading for you to pick out the bits you can use in your own appeal:

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=867.0

HTH
cycling widow
Thanks will read through it tonight!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.