Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camden Notice to Owner sent in the post-no photo evidence
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Adrian2012
hi everone this is my first time!

i received a Notice to Owner in the post today stating that 'on 6/6/2012 a penalty notice (PCN) was served to the motor vehicle with the registration mark shown above. The civil enforcement officer who served the penalty charge notice believed that a penalty charge was payable with respect to the vehicle on the grounds that the following alleged parking contravention had occured: Parked after the expiry of paid for time mobile phone parking'
They also included photos but do not have any pictures of my car, rather of an empty parking space

I never received a ticket on that date.

what really happened was that i drove off whilst the ceo was busy with his machine

the photo evidence shows an empty parking space!

The NTO is now dated 6/7/2012.
the ticket is issued by camden Council
how should i appeal?

another point to mention

has the council missed its deadline of serving me a PCN, since the NTO was dated more than 28 days after the alleged contravention?

I would really appreciate your help

Thanks

Adrian
makara
Scan (or photograph) and post up ALL sides of the Ticket (and/or any other paperwork received)

- edit out your personal details and your car reg. and the Ticket number (from the SCANNED version ONLY - do NOT amend anything on the original hard-copy PCN or other original paperwork!) before uploading.
Bluedart
QUOTE (Adrian2012 @ Wed, 11 Jul 2012 - 21:41) *
hi everone this is my first time!

i received a Notice to Owner in the post today stating that 'on 6/6/2012 a penalty notice (PCN) was served to the motor vehicle with the registration mark shown above. The civil enforcement officer who served the penalty charge notice believed that a penalty charge was payable with respect to the vehicle on the grounds that the following alleged parking contravention had occured: Parked after the expiry of paid for time mobile phone parking'
They also included photos but do not have any pictures of my car, rather of an empty parking space

I never received a ticket on that date.

what really happened was that i drove off whilst the ceo was busy with his machine

the photo evidence shows an empty parking space!

The NTO is now dated 6/7/2012.
the ticket is issued by camden Council
how should i appeal?

another point to mention

has the council missed its deadline of serving me a PCN, since the NTO was dated more than 28 days after the alleged contravention?

I would really appreciate your help

Thanks

Adrian

When you are issued with a PCN, they do not know where you live. In order to find that out, they apply to the DVLA for RK details that match the VRN. That application to the DVLA, can only be made after the 28 day period from the date of the issue of the PCN.
But you did not get the PCN because you drove off. In the past, you could get away by driving off, I am not so sure these days.

Just out of interest. How many days after the contravention, did they serve the NtO
Adrian2012
Here is the NTO
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

There is one more page explaining how to appeal- but i cant upload it, as the file is too big

The pictures are on the the first page of the NTO

Note there is no picture of my car- just an empty parking space!!
Adrian2012
QUOTE (Bluedart @ Wed, 11 Jul 2012 - 22:01) *
Just out of interest. How many days after the contravention, did they serve the NtO

it was 30 days later
Adrian2012
Can anyone help me contest the NTO
SchoolRunMum
Yes, it says a PCN was served but it wasn't - there pics even show an emplty space! Clearly a driveaway so stick to that and appeal further. They cannot go straight to NTO with no PCN served, and having that pic of the empty space is quite funny - surely an adjudicator would believe you!
bama
Pasha v Waltham Forest (2090279728)

http://www.davidmarq.com/bama/Pasha%20v%20...2090279728).doc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.