Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DVLA/Local Council hyprocy
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
american
I would like to share and demonstate the share and utter hyprocy that had been witnessed within the DVLA/ Local council

I live on a street which is known for it availability of parking (apart from a yellow line in front of my house) which none residents barrage with their vehicles and then hopes on a local bus to the train stations; without no consideration for residents inabilities to find a space.

I am a law abiding citizen and ensure my vehicle has a valid tax and insured . Since January this year a red nissan micro which belongs to a Somalian family (who never uses it) has been parked with no valid tax and insurance. I have bought this to the DVLA on several occasions. All of which they have choose to ingore.

Just recently, I return home with a lot of groceries . As an elderly woman it takes a lot longer to go back and forth and I needed nearby access, so I parked my vehicle which was on the yellow line for a minute whilst I did this. When I returned I witnessed ; not one but three enforcement officers from Wandsworth Borough COuncil . Before I could move the vehicle I saw the ticket on my vehicle, yet the red micra was nose to nose to my vehicle and not one ticket was issued. What I fail to understand is a rule for one and one for another

eccyman
Why not inform a constable?
glasgow_bhoy
1) What relevance is it that the Micra belongs to someone from Somalia? And how do you know its not insured?

2) Everyone else pays their taxes- so if they want to park on empty spaces on your street whilst they grab a train they are quite right to do so.

3) You may have had a loading exemption for your shopping. Did you mention this to the council when appealing? Are you a blue badge holder to back up your lack of mobility?
eccyman
QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 12:27) *
1) What relevance is it that the Micra belongs to someone from Somalia? And how do you know its not insured?

www.askmid.com
american
QUOTE (eccyman @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 12:04) *

I am not sure what you mean..When I went to my vehicle ; the three police man sped off so fast, the didn't give me the opportunity . Also said in my post , they were employed by Wandsworth borough council whom themselves ingored the untaxed and insured vehicle
eccyman
QUOTE (american @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 12:50) *
QUOTE (eccyman @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 12:04) *

I am not sure what you mean..When I went to my vehicle ; the three police man sped off so fast, the didn't give me the opportunity . Also said in my post , they were implied by Wandsworth borough council whom themselves ingored the untaxed and insured vehicle

The parking fellas are nothing to do with vehicle insurance and they're nothing to do with the police. The CEO's probably thought you was an irate motorist and legged it.

If a vehicle's uninsured then report it to the police...
hcandersen
Do you still have an unpaid PCN for this event which you want to challenge? If so, this is the place.

HCA
american
QUOTE (eccyman @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 12:50) *

www.askmid.com

I am glad that you have taken the time to address this BOY . Their clearly is something to be said about the tutors who seem to not be doing the kids today, justice.

Even my grandchild knows that if a clapped out old banger 20 years old in poor condition which I said has been BADLY parked with NO VALID TAXED is automatically uninsured
glasgow_bhoy
askmid is not always accurate. And I was asking the OP the question as I get the assumption that she has just assumed the car is not insured.

Apart from which, the OP needs to understand that the Micra is not at all relevant to her ticket- it has no bearing whatsover on what happens when she appeals, and is not a matter which she should consider in her appeal.
american
The parking fellas are nothing to do with vehicle insurance and they're nothing to do with the police. The CEO's probably thought you was an irate motorist and legged it.

Irate customer?. I fail to understand that as I was on my house putting my groceries in, the didn't knock on my door to inform me . I think if you read my post you will have picked that out and that question would not have been warranted.
fedup2
QUOTE (american @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 13:21) *

www.askmid.com

I am glad that you have taken the time to address this BOY . Their clearly is something to be said about the tutors who seem to not be doing the kids today, justice.

Even my grandchild knows that if a clapped out old banger 20 years old in poor condition which I said has been BADLY parked with NO VALID TAXED is automatically uninsured

Im confused,you think it is uninsured because its old or has no valid tax displayed?

As i know of neither would cause the insurance to be invalid.
glasgow_bhoy
QUOTE (american @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 13:21) *

www.askmid.com

How thick are you? I've had clapped out bangers over the last few years which have been insured fully comp. If your grandchild knows that because the Micra is older and not taxed then it is uninsured, I would suggest you send your grandchild to some form of education centre for those requiring extra help. You might fancy going there yourself. The fact you felt the need to bring someones nationality into this shows your level of intellect.

And btw its bhoy.. not boy. If you did a bit of thinking and noted the reference to my geographical being, you would maybe put 2+2 together and figure out what it means.

Furthermore, you've just pointed out that the CEO's didn't knock your door. Why should they? They're not your minders (although you clearly need some). You may have had a case for an unloading exemption, however that means taking the stuff from your car and taking it into your property. Why therefore would they need to knock your door? Were you doing something else whilst you were in there. I get the impression you were ripping the arse of a loading exemption if you took so long to unload that you were indoors so long they should be knocking your door.

If you want help on here I'd suggest an attitude adjustment. You've done sweet F all to help yourself so far it seems.

Oh and BTW- the CEO's clearly felt your parking was worse than that of the Micra driver given they did not receive a PCN and yet you did.... what does that tell you?
Neil B
If there is an untaxed vehicle on the highway i simply do not believe that neither the Police nor DVLA, when approached correctly, would do nothing.

What formal reports have you made, to whom and by what channels?

- and GB was only asking the relevance of the 'presumed' owner being Somali .

Incidentally, how do you know they are Somali?
Neil B
So, which is it you want to talk about?

A PCN for which you possibly have an exemption and can get cancelled, or

How others behave and apparently this having some relevance to their presumed cultural and national background?

We need to see the PCN, ALL of it.

This will help you show us the PCN

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=16

Then we can see what the situation is, ok?
american
QUOTE (Neil B @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 14:58) *

How others behave and apparently this having some relevance to their presumed cultural and national background?

It is stressed often enough about the validation that a vehicle should be kept on our roads. Saying that is my pointing being that enforcement should be apply to all forms vehicle enforcements whether it is parking on the yellow line I'd nit having a valid tax.
glasgow_bhoy
QUOTE (american @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 15:04) *

It is stressed often enough about the validation that a vehicle should be kept on our roads. Saying that is my pointing being that enforcement should be apply to all forms vehicle enforcements whether it is parking on the yellow line I'd nit having a valid tax.

Right but this forum is about specific cases. Not about the actions of others. If you have a problem with others address it with them. If you do decide to report them again and they have done wrong, remember to send them to this site and we will see if we can help them.

(Presuming they are doing something wrong, other than offending you by being of a different nationality to you and having an older car...)
Neil B
QUOTE (american @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 15:04) *

Since you insist on talking about that irelevant matter may I point out I said I don't believe DVLA would not respond -- and I asked what reports you had made - specifically.

If that is going to be your challenge against the PCN then you will lose 100% guaranteed.

Are you going to show us the PCN? That is what is needed.
american
I think the point given is EXTREMELY relevant and which highlights points in the hyprocy which clearly is displayed. I have never been someone who feels the need to turn to the Internet forums to some how bully their point . I reserve that for Kids who is merely replace the love and attention of their parents . I am not about to start now . For the ones who gave information on other bodies to speak to , I'd like to say thanks :-)
Bagshot
QUOTE (american @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 15:51) *
I have never been someone who feels the need to turn to the Internet forums to some how bully their point.

Well that's hypocrisy for you.

Meanwhile if you would like help with the PCN, you may like to post pictures of the document.
Neil B
I think the point given is EXTREMELY reldevation and which highlights points in the hyprocy which clearly is displayed. I have never been someone who feels the need to turn to the Internet forums to some how bully their point . I reserve that for Kids who is merely replace the love and attention of their parents . I am not about to start now . For the ones who gave information on other bodies to speak to , I'd like to say thanks :-)

You are still not making sense. could you please just answer the question posed by more than just me - do you wish to contest this PCN on viable grounds - or not.

I have already told you that what you think is relevant (what others do) has no relevance at all. By all means pursue it - you will get nowhere and it will cost you.

The references others have made to checking insurance (illegal if you do that incidentally AIUI) have no relevance to your PCN.

You can shout EXTREMELY as loud as you like, it wont make something any more relevant and won't get your PCN cancelled.

--
Are you going to show the PCN? The joke is, you probably have a very valid case to get the PCN cancelled; That is, to concern yourself with your own actions at the time and the exemptions that probably apply to you rather than continuing to concern yourself with others.

clark_kent
QUOTE (american @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 10:57) *
Since January this year a red nissan micro which belongs to a Somalian family

Are they on benefits to?? laugh.gif You should get a job at the Daily Mail!
Incandescent
Can someone put this thread to bed, PLEASE !
metalmick
trolls need feeding now and again. this one must have bad indigestion by now... good on you GB,
mike
glasgow_bhoy
I think the point given is EXTREMELY relevant and which highlights points in the hyprocy which clearly is displayed. I have never been someone who feels the need to turn to the Internet forums to some how bully their point . I reserve that for Kids who is merely replace the love and attention of their parents . I am not about to start now . For the ones who gave information on other bodies to speak to , I'd like to say thanks :-)

Right so kids will be on a motoring forum. Totally. That makes loads of sense. You realise that kids generally do not drive- so would have no reason really to be on a forum to help motorists who have been fined or otherwise. People have tried to help you here to quash your fine. You have done nothing but show that you want to quash it, other than take the childish approach of 'but he/she did this...'. Life isn't a playground. Its a bitch so get over it.

QUOTE (clark_kent @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 16:29) *
QUOTE (american @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 10:57) *
Since January this year a red nissan micro which belongs to a Somalian family

Are they on benefits to?? laugh.gif You should get a job at the Daily Mail!

They won't just be on benefits Clark... they'll be trashing the place, making it look untidy and no doubt be bringing down local property prices.... rolleyes.gif This ones probably already in the running for the editor of the Mail.

QUOTE (metalmick @ Fri, 1 Jun 2012 - 23:00) *
trolls need feeding now and again. this one must have bad indigestion by now... good on you GB,
mike

I aim to please! Someone just message me next time someone comes on n starts talking pish smile.gif
Neil B
It certainly has been a good example for others, of how not to fight a PCN and how not to approach this great forum.

I guess posting images has proved beyond her. Maybe she could get someone knowledgable to help; The Somali neighbour perhaps?
They could certainly help her with the appalling standard of English, given all the Somalis I know are very strict with their kids paying attention to school work.

- and if 'american' does actually mean American - go back to your own Country, we don't need or want you here!!
glasgow_bhoy
QUOTE (Neil B @ Sat, 2 Jun 2012 - 00:19) *
It certainly has been a good example for others, of how not to fight a PCN and how not to approach this great forum.

I guess posting images has proved beyond her. Maybe she could get someone knowledgable to help; The Somali neighbour perhaps?
They could certainly help her with the appalling standard of English, given all the Somalis I know are very strict with their kids paying attention to school work.

- and if 'american' does actually mean American - go back to your own Country, we don't need or want you here!!

I kept thinking of Icky Thump by the White Stripes whilst reading this thread and thinking of the Irony of the alias 'American'
White Americans
What? Nothin' better to do?
Why don't you kick yourself out
You're an immigrant too.

Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well you can't be a pimp
And a prostitute too.

I hate racial stereotyping. I think people who feel the need to bring someones nationality, race, sexuality, gender or other demographic into any comment such as the above deserves everything they get. One of the smartest girls I know is from Congo. Yet people see her and immediately decide she must be stupid or will have difficulty communicating.

Here's to the OP being fined for every mistake she makes from now on.
susie_mcg
Just to take this back to the point about DVLA not responding to a report of an untaxed vehicle, I know that this happens.

A car appeared outside my Mum's back garden that had no tax displayed and it sat there for several weeks. My stepdad rang up the DVLA to be told that the vehicle was taxed on their system.

The car sat there for over a year, it was in pretty decent nick when it first appeared but after a year had rusted and had mould growing inside it. It hadn't been moved the whole time.

Stepdad called up again, and was told it had been re-taxed so they could do nothing. When he explained there was no way it could have a valid MOT in order to get taxed (it hadn't moved and would not have passed an MOT just by looking at it!) they still did nothing.

He decided to go to the local police station as he was concerned another vehicle might be using those plates - why else would someone be paying road tax for it? Within 30 mins of his report they had a flatbed out and towed the vehicle. They wouldn't tell him much, other than the vehicle was registered south of the border. All very strange.

Just goes to show that the DVLA really can be stupid about these kind of things!!
hcandersen
Why should DVLA do anything?

IMMOBILISATION OF VEHICLES

Power to immobilise vehicles

5.—(1) This regulation applies where an authorised person has reason to believe that an offence under section 29(1) of the 1994 Act is being committed as regards a vehicle which is stationary on a public road in England or in Wales.
(2) Where this regulation applies, without prejudice to the institution of proceedings for any offence under the 1994 Act, the authorised person or a person acting under his direction may—

(a)fix an immobilisation device to the vehicle while it remains in the place where it is stationary, or
(b)move it from that place to another place on the same or another public road and fix an immobilisation device to it in that other place.

and;

[b]29 Penalty for using or keeping unlicensed vehicle.[/b]
(1)If a person uses, or keeps, on a public road a vehicle (not being an exempt vehicle) which is unlicensed he is guilty of an offence.
(2)For the purposes of subsection (1) a vehicle is unlicensed if no vehicle licence or trade licence is in force for or in respect of the vehicle.

Whereas:
3 Not exhibiting licence.
(1)A person is guilty of an offence if—
(a)he uses, or keeps, on a public road a vehicle in respect of which vehicle excise duty is chargeable, and
(b)there is not fixed to and exhibited on the vehicle in the manner prescribed by regulations made by the Secretary of State a licence for, or in respect of, the vehicle which is for the time being in force.

and under the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988;
[i][Offences under the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 (c. 22)
SCHEDULE 3E+W
Fixed Penalty Offences
Section 33 of the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994. Using or keeping a vehicle on a public road without [F369vehicle licence, trade licence or nil licence] being exhibited in manner prescribed by regulations.
[/i]

AIUI:
Not having = DVLA;
Not displaying = police and fixed penalty.
Not having and not displaying = both, but separately.

As the previous poster has found: if you see a vehicle which is not displaying a tax disc when one is required and you want to do something about it - report it to the police.

HCA
susie_mcg
HCA, just out of interest the information you quote states England and Wales. Do you know if it is different in Scotland?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.