Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loading or Shopping
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Yarbles
I am wondering whether to appeal further to Transport for London over a £65 fine for parking for more than 5 minutes in a red route loading bay that says 20 minutes for loading. The CCTV shows no one entering the vehicl for over 5 minutes as I was waiting in the queue at the checkout. I thought loading included quick shopping trips and 20 minutes was 20 minutes but apparently not and its 5 minutes in practice it appears. Shall I just pay up?
makara
Scan (or photograph) and post up ALL sides of the Ticket (and/or any other paperwork received)

- edit out your personal details and your car reg. and the Ticket number (from the SCANNED version ONLY - do NOT amend anything on the original hard-copy PCN or other original paperwork!) before uploading.
hcandersen
We'll do what we can but I'm fascinated by where you got the notion that loading included shopping trips!

HCA
Chaseman
I'm afraid that there is a wealth of cases that define loading as collecting pre-ordered goods, delivering goods, waiting while documents are checked, finding of supervisors, loading of heavy domestic items but NOT shopping. See the Jane Packer Flowers cases which you should find on this site if you search. THe loading bays on red routes typically allow a max 20 mins loading which doesn't necessarily mean that loading has to be continuously observed but equally doesn't mean you have 20 minutes free parking before TfL start taking an interest.

Post up docs in case there is some procedural error we can find, but in principle I think you are probably best off paying at the discounted rate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.