Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Bob75
Hi all

Quick advise needed if possible. My boss has just had an NIP come through for my company car. The date of the NIP is 2nd May and the offence was the 22nd March. He has suggested that due to the late arrival of the NIP (after 14 days) then I might not have to pay. He has sent back the form confirming my details. What do I do when the NIP comes through to me ?

Thanks in advance for all your help
mrh3369
If the car is a company car through a lease company the first nip will have gone to them and your defence will be gone, first step is to find out who is the registered keeper on the v5c.
Bob75
QUOTE (mrh3369 @ Fri, 11 May 2012 - 18:27) *
If the car is a company car through a lease company the first nip will have gone to them and your defence will be gone, first step is to find out who is the registered keeper on the v5c.

Right I see so the original NIP could have been sent to the HP company who would then send it onto our company

Makes sense as to why it is late - thought it was a bit too easy when the date on the NIP is clearly 14 days after the offence
Jlc
QUOTE (Bob75 @ Fri, 11 May 2012 - 18:41) *
QUOTE (mrh3369 @ Fri, 11 May 2012 - 18:27) *

Right I see so the original NIP could have been sent to the HP company who would then send it onto our company

Makes sense as to why it is late - thought it was a bit too easy when the date on the NIP is clearly 14 days after the offence

Indeed. Any indication on the speed and limit?
Bob75
Speed was 53 in a 40 - pretty sure i remember it being a hand held gun and I was coming up behind a lorry so didn't see it til too late

Guess I'll just have to swallow the points and fine
mrh3369
You may be offered a SAC at that speed if you are eligible.
Jlc
Yup, that's the top end for a SAC but should be offered...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.