Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane PCN Response Limit from the Council
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Q1984
Hi All,

Had a quick general question.

I received a PCN for a Bus Lane incident, where 2 of my wheels slightly went over onto the bass lane over the solid white lines.

I responded back stating it was only to look at the cause of traffic up ahead and moved back, however they responded back stating I still have to pay.

I have read somewhere that they have to respond back within a set period else it is void, or does this just apply to Parking PCNS?

The incident was on the 29/02/12 to which I received a PCN within 30 days, to which I responded on the 14/03/12 and they have responded nded back on the 30/04/12l, so about 45 days later after my appeal?

Is this a ground for me to call them and say it is void? or not before I pay up as I have 3 days left to pay up the 50% which is £65

Thanks

Q
Gan
Post up all the documents you've received with your personal details removed but leaving all the locations and dates

Do they show or have you seen any photos ?

If it was only a couple of wheels for a few seconds there could be a valid de minimis appeal

Never, by the way, call a council unless you're recording the call
Neil B
It sounds like you have a case as Gan said.

Docs as requested cos none of your timescale issues have any basis. Sounds a bit 'bloke in pub told me' to me.
Q1984
Hey,

Thanks

Sure ill attach all below, well theres is a couple of photos as you do see my car go over i think twice it was at different points, but not all teh way from one point to the second point.

I am unable to upload the initial PCN, but have attached the images attached alongside it, also my response I am unable to find at the moment.

PCN Received: around 2nd March
Appeal Letter Sent By Me: 14th March
Response to my appeal received: 30th April

Hope the attachments assist.

I'll see if I can find my appeal (which basically said I was only in for a bit and was looking at the cause of traffic ahead.

And their doing me for going into bus lane during hours of use.
Q1984
Found my Appeal, I have attached the body of the appeal letter below:

"Dear, Sir/Madam

I am writing in regard to a parking ticket I received on the date of: 07/03/2012, PCN Number: PNXXXXXXXXX.

Reason: “Being in a bus lane”.

After reviewing this and looking at the images at no point did I fully enter and utilizes the bus lane to bypass other cars or reach the end, which can clearly be seen from the difference in the timings in the pictures that show my car still in the normal driving lane through till the end.

I had slightly moved to the left when there was no bus in the lane, with the intentions to see what the cause of the traffic hold up was.

I have always abided by the bus lane enforcement timings at all times and would not enter a lane to break these rules. I was totally unaware that one would get fined if even one set of tyres entered the lane for a short period of time.

I feel that this fine is unfair with my intentions being innocent and taking the above into consideration, therefore I would be grateful if you this ticket can be reviewed and terminated as soon as possible.

Regards"

Gan
Never a good idea to admit any error on your part.

Funny how they will always respond to that but somehow ignore other points in a challenge

The first picture shows you only just over the line. The second looks like it's only about a car's length from the end of the bus lane.

Definitely worth going ahead with a de minimis appeal

Can you post up the whole of the original ticket because most cases are won on paperwork and procedure mistakes ? Their letter isn't headed "Notice of Rejection of Representations" so i'm assuming you're still at the informal stage and haven't received a "Notice to Owner"

Many councils have a policy to reject all informal appeals regardless and would have done so if it was only the smoke from your exhaust that had drifted over the line.
Q1984
Yep i know, thought they would be understanding, but guess I was wrong..

okay so

1. What is this de minimis appeal? first I've heard of it
2. Sure I will need to go home and try and find and post up the originial ticket, from what I can see and remember it seems to have no mistakes in formatting and wording.. and had the correct heading.
3. As for this response, correct it does not have a Notice of Rejection of Representations, but from looking at it, I don't think I can respond back with another appeal, if I want to appeal < i have to miss the payment deadline, after which they will send a Notice to Owner or as they have worded an Enforcment Notice will be sent out in another 3 days.. not sure what an Enforcement Notice is, but Im assuming it is going in person to appeal, and the risk there is that if I loose then I will have to pay full amount.

Neil B
QUOTE (Q1984 @ Fri, 11 May 2012 - 14:46) *
Yep i know, thought they would be understanding, but guess I was wrong..

okay so

1. What is this de minimis appeal? first I've heard of it

Bit of sponge, some fruit, jelly and cream on top I think.

A trifle. Literally, of little or no consequence.

You will need this rather than trying to attach.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=16

Post IMG codes directly into the thread - not thumbnails. More people will look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.