Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking PCN Parked beyond the Bay Markings (86)
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Mick_B
1st ever parking fine, and I am quite annoyed about it.
I parked in a council car park and because of the size of the car, it's an Audi Q7 I can't exit the car if someone parks next to me so I have to go into 2 bays.

I want to appeal the PCN by saying ..' The markings of the bay in question make it physically impossible to comply with all parking regulations and still be able to exit the vehicle safely '

I also didn't pay and display when I parked as I didn't think I needed to but they never mentioned that in the PCN.
Does anyone think I have a chance of a successful appeal ?
PCN attached
hcandersen
Photos please?

Don't mention your approach to the parking bays in any formal correspondence, will you. Unless you can show that the width of your car prevents you from parking it within bays, I'd keep schtum on this point.

HCA
Bagshot
To enforce this they need to have a notice or some means of communicating to you that you have to park in marked bays. If they did that and it is physically impossible for you to have parked within a marked bay, then it may be that you vehicle is not suitable for the car park (or vice versa).

Got done for a minibus in a P&D years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.