Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Ticket for non dsiplay of ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Dionne
Hi All,

I'm a first time "poster". I was so outraged by a ticket that I got today that at last I've decided I'm not going to allow the threat of the 14 day 50% reducation fee get the better of me and what is justly right!

This afternoon I parked my car in a side street in Wandsworth and purchased a ticket from the machine, which I stuck in my window. The ticket is valid from 13.36pm until 9.36am on 1st May 2012). At 14.37pm I was issued a PCN ticket for non payment of parking charge or not displaying a ticket clearly. When i removed the ticket from the windscreen the ticket had fall onto the dashboard (partly visable). I have the ticket as proof of payment and also feel that the warden would have seen the ticket or at least the top part with the time on and want to know what I need to do appeal? Do I have a case here or is it as reads on the PCN that becasue it wasn't clearly displayed - by no fault of my own, I must pay 55.00 within 14 datys or 110 thereafter?

Any advice would be much appreciated. As I've said, I usually just pay it for fear of doubling the expense but this is blantantly outrageous and unfair.

Dionne
makara
Scan (or photograph) and post up ALL sides of the ticket (and any other paperwork received)

- edit out your personal details and your car reg. and the PCN number (from the SCANNED version ONLY - do NOT amend anything on the original hard-copy PCN or other original paperwork!) before uploading.
emanresu
At the same time read the PATAS key cases on "fluttering tickets" here.
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (Dionne @ Mon, 30 Apr 2012 - 19:31) *
Hi All,

I'm a first time "poster". I was so outraged by a ticket that I got today that at last I've decided I'm not going to allow the threat of the 14 day 50% reducation fee get the better of me and what is justly right!

This afternoon I parked my car in a side street in Wandsworth and purchased a ticket from the machine, which I stuck in my window. The ticket is valid from 13.36pm until 9.36am on 1st May 2012). At 14.37pm I was issued a PCN ticket for non payment of parking charge or not displaying a ticket clearly. When i removed the ticket from the windscreen the ticket had fall onto the dashboard (partly visable). I have the ticket as proof of payment and also feel that the warden would have seen the ticket or at least the top part with the time on and want to know what I need to do appeal? Do I have a case here or is it as reads on the PCN that becasue it wasn't clearly displayed - by no fault of my own, I must pay 55.00 within 14 datys or 110 thereafter?

Any advice would be much appreciated. As I've said, I usually just pay it for fear of doubling the expense but this is blantantly outrageous and unfair.

Dionne

Calm down and try using Bogsy's wording which has had many successes, most recently for ukdeveloper and swooph:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=69676g

If that wording results in a rejection then do not despair, post back here with pics of all your documents (PCN both sides, and rejection letter).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.