Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding - Endorseable Offence - But my photocard expired
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Uncle Ned
I got caught driving at 64mph in a 40mph zone. I normally don't drive fast at all, but it was a clear dual carriageway and I stupidly put my foot down. I got caught with a speed gun and issued with 3 points and £60 fine. I don't normally carry my driving license on me (haven't done for years), so I've been given a producer. The problem is I've just realised that the photo on my license has expired. Will this have any impact when I surrender my license within 7 days? Can I just surrender my paper license? Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.
Logician
No take them both in, failing to renew the photo is a minor offence they may not bother with. It does not invalidate your licence. Did you get a reminder from DVLA incidentally?
Uncle Ned
QUOTE (Logician @ Thu, 26 Apr 2012 - 22:03) *
No take them both in, failing to renew the photo is a minor offence they may not bother with. It does not invalidate your licence. Did you get a reminder from DVLA incidentally?

My driving license still has my dad's address on it, whom I'm not on speaking terms with. If they've sent one, my old man's probably wiped his backside with it! blink.gif
Aretnap
QUOTE (Uncle Ned @ Thu, 26 Apr 2012 - 22:12) *
My driving license still has my dad's address on it, whom I'm not on speaking terms with. If they've sent one, my old man's probably wiped his backside with it! blink.gif

Well, that's two offences - failing to renew your photocard, and failing to inform the DVLA of a change of address. Neither affects your entitlement to drive, but get them sorted asap, hopefully before anyone notices.
jobo
the police have been known to consider an expired photo is an expired licience and charge occordingly, so it may in fact cause you some hasel, if there not clued in, having your DL at an address you have an intrest in isnt an offence, so if that does get raised dpont tell them youve fell out with your dad
Sangamoura
QUOTE (Uncle Ned @ Thu, 26 Apr 2012 - 22:01) *
Can I just surrender my paper license?
It's a very common misconception that the paper counterpart to a photocard licence is a licence in itself. It isn't and a photocard licence is only valid when both parts are presented together.

Take another look at the paper counterpart, it doesn't even list your entitlements so how can it possibly be a licence to drive anything ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.