Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP Issued
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
hank3944
Hello,

I wondered if you could help. I was clocked doing 76 in a 60 limit on the M42 North between junctions 6 & 7, Sollihuill.

I have a clean licence, driving for 15 years, I was driving the works van at the time a Vauxhall Vivaro,

What is likely to happen, how much will the fine be and points and most importantly is there any way I can get out of it.

This is probably irrelevant but abouyt 6 months ago a colleague also got flashed by a speed camera, our company couldnt prove who the driver was so he got away with which is proabably why I feel slightly annoyed.

I appreciate any help you could advise.

Hank.
jobo
separate your responsibility from your employers, if they cant name the driver thats their fault and fine not yours

is this document addressed to you or the company, how have the company established you were driving
hank3944
They kind of know thats where I was on that time, I dont really want to screw the company over, just wondered if there was any loopholes...
jobo
QUOTE (hank3944 @ Tue, 17 Apr 2012 - 13:57) *
They kind of know thats where I was on that time, I dont really want to screw the company over, just wondered if there was any loopholes...

who is the nip addressed to
hank3944
its adressed to my company.
jimster
Then they have to complete it and send it back

You do nothing
martinbiz
As jobo says your co has one responsibility and you will have another if and when you receive a NIP (unless you already have one of course) If you are happy to accept you were the driver at the time, then there is not really any magical get out from there, if you are not convinced that is the case and regard it only as a possibility then you could quite rightly put the onus back on your company to prove to you that it was you and if they do not have proper records and a sign in, sign out procedure then it could get sticky for them.

If you do accept you were driving then it may still be worth asking for photo to ID the driver to see if it raises any questions re the ping.

Unfortunately the driver appears to be 1mph outside an SAC offer
hank3944
The letter has been issued to my company, and my bosses have just plonked it on my desk to fill out, is this right? I am probably going to accept that I was driving, (because I was actually driving) but what is the fine & points likely to be and will I get offered a Speed awareness course instead of the points?

Also excuse my ignorance but what is a SAC offer?
jobo
QUOTE (hank3944 @ Tue, 17 Apr 2012 - 14:52) *
The letter has been issued to my company, and my bosses have just plonked it on my desk to fill out, is this right? I am probably going to accept that I was driving, (because I was actually driving) but what is the fine & points likely to be and will I get offered a Speed awareness course instead of the points?

Also excuse my ignorance but what is a SAC offer?

a sacs is a course, so, it will be three points and 60 quid

who fills it in doesnt matter as long as its third person, they need to sign it really, just to keep things simple, then you will get your own which you fill in as yourself
Jlc
QUOTE (hank3944 @ Tue, 17 Apr 2012 - 14:52) *
The letter has been issued to my company, and my bosses have just plonked it on my desk to fill out, is this right?

Nope.

At the moment the sole responsibility in replying is with the company. However, if you do nothing now the company are likely to receive a summons for failing to notify and your bosses may not be too chuffed with you! (But you can't be prosecuted for speeding) The pragmatic thing is to hand the form back for them to complete - well may be you can fill in your name and address but you should not sign it. (You'll get your own set of documents in due course)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.