Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driving without insurance
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
captian micky
Hello my name micky,
I already have DR10 , 6 Points
LC20 , 3 Points

and now going to be summoned for Driving without inurance.
Will i go over my 12 points and then be on the totting up ban?
What will happen if i get the Totting up ban?
Will i still have the points on there or will i have a clean licence to start fresh and take my tests again?

Please help thanks
jobo
are the offences less than 3 years ago, if so,,,,
its 6( to 8) points for no insurance so youl be on 15 and in real danger of a 6 months tot ban, you can try to avoid this with a special hardship argument, idealy hardship to others caused by your ban

if your banned, you get your liciense back clean,, but with a tt 99 code, saying your been banned, no you dont have to retake a test, ()thats assuming that you have held a full DL for more than two years)

i take it you have no defence to the no insurance charge
captian micky
I have only had my licence for 1 year now!
That tt99 How long is that on licence for and does it effect insurance much.
Also i have no defence so going to be banned just want every detail so i can see if i will be able to drive after my ban is up.
ict_guy
QUOTE (captian micky @ Sun, 15 Apr 2012 - 15:54) *
I have only had my licence for 1 year now!

This is your first licence I take it? ie. you haven't been revoked before??

If so, why has it not been revoked with the 6 points? Please provide exact dates - licence valid from, date of all offences and penalties.
andy_foster
Assuming that the OP has listed his offences in order, he didn't have a full licence when he got his second set of points. If he has a full licence, presumably it would be revoked by the DVLA as well as being banned for 6 months by the court - meaning that when the totting up ban is up, he would have to apply for a provisional licence again. IIRC he can apply for his licence 4 months into a 6 month ban, but it would only be effective from the expiration of the ban.

A ban is effective from the moment it is imposed. That day is the first day of the ban - so if you received a 7 day ban at 4pm on a Monday, it would expire at midnight on the following Sunday night.

Compared to DR10, LC20 and IN10, TT99 won't load your premium very much. However, you will still need to declare your DR10, LC20 and IN10 - at which point you will be quoted Greece's national debt.
jobo
he could of course have had a bike liciense or a road roller licience for over two years

OP when did you get your points, in what order and what tests have you passed and when
Durzel
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Sun, 15 Apr 2012 - 17:24) *
Compared to DR10, LC20 and IN10, TT99 won't load your premium very much. However, you will still need to declare your DR10, LC20 and IN10 - at which point you will be quoted Greece's national debt.

Why would the OP care about insurance preimum increases when he appears willing to drive without insurance entirely?
ict_guy
QUOTE (Durzel @ Sun, 15 Apr 2012 - 17:56) *
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Sun, 15 Apr 2012 - 17:24) *

Why would the OP care about insurance preimum increases when he appears willing to drive without insurance entirely?

Presumably, he will need to abide by the law at some stage should he wish to drive in the future.
Mayhem007
Back to your original question.

TT99 stays on your license for 4 years. Insurance take account of it for 5 years. Insurance with a TT99 is offered by very few companies and those that do charged extortionate premiums.

I reckon you won't be able to gain insurance for a very long time. The unfortunate case is that you will not be able to take any advance courses for 4 years other than any other driving courses imposed upon you.

Suggest you focus on public transport rather than insurance policy
captian micky
Cheers guys so i wont be driving for 4 years lol
Mayhem007
Just insured my car with another company advising them of my TT99. They were more interested in what offences were committed to get the TT99. When I advised they were all for SP30. They responded by saying that this was better than having an IN10 i.e. no insurance.

Sorry...but it may help you to prepare for the worst. Perhaps you should consider 5 years on Shank's pony and not 4 years, at least you won't be required to divulge past demeanours, we hope though we know not what the future holds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.