Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Code 31
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
superhoop14
Hi,

Find attached a copy of a PCN received for a contravention code 31 - Entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited. The date of the offence is 16/3/12 and the notice date is 30/3/12, which I received after this date.

I don't remember the offence taking place and although one of the photo's appears to show me stopped in the yellow box, I cannot tell if the exit was clear when I entered. The other photo is timed 10 seconds later and shows me outside the box. Is there anything that can be done about this? Is it worth appealing, or at least viewing the footage / requesting further photos in order to see if the exit was clear.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Gan
Always view the footage

This needs moving to the council tickets forum
superhoop14
QUOTE (Gan @ Thu, 5 Apr 2012 - 17:56) *
Always view the footage

This needs moving to the council tickets forum

Many thanks for the quick reply... I shall view the footage when I find out how to... and also move the topic when I discover how to do that too!
Logician
Given that all the vehicles are showing their brake lights, it seems likely that all, including you, are stationary.
The Rookie
A Moderator will move it for you.

I think you'll be looking for a technical defence, on the face of it that looks bang to rights.

Simon
Hippocrates
The wording is defective re periods for making reps and payment - they have conflated the two. See these cases at PATAS:-

211055831A, 21100436163, 211032734A, 211070709A, 2110504128, 2110501141, 2110428700, 2110335439, 2100498211 and 2100628598.

http://www.patasregistersofappeals.org.uk/ P>Search>type in number>search>click on underlined number in top left

If you ask them to send the video they will charge you £10 - something else to have a go at them:- 7.11 from http://www.patas.gov.uk/tmaadjudicators/manual.htm

We need to see all the PCN.
superhoop14
Many thanks all, below is page 3 of the notice.

So from what has been said, it is probably not worth seeing the video and just submitting representations on the basis of the pcn being issued incorrectly? I would imagine that TFL will reject that almost immediately and it will go to PATAS, which is fine, as previous cases show the wording to be defective.

Which box do I tick for making representations about the notice being incorrect?! Or if submitting by email, do I just ignore that and state that I believe the notice to be invalid as per the stated cases?

Thanks again!!

Fleagle
One viewpoint above is that you always need to view the footage; another is that it "seems likely" that you've all stopped because your brakelights are all on in the photograph.

I'd go with what Gan said yesterday and view the footage, to estabish exactly whether you stopped, if your exit was clear when you entered the box and so on (you are unaware of the alleged contravention, after all, so hopefully the video will vindicate you). This will then inform you how to move this forward smile.gif .
Hippocrates
QUOTE (Fleagle @ Fri, 6 Apr 2012 - 15:17) *
One viewpoint above is that you always need to view the footage; another is that it "seems likely" that you've all stopped because your brakelights are all on in the photograph.

I'd go with what Gan said yesterday and view the footage, to estabish exactly whether you stopped, if your exit was clear when you entered the box and so on (you are unaware of the alleged contravention, after all, so hopefully the video will vindicate you). This will then inform you how to move this forward smile.gif .

Quite agree - you must see the moving footage as the contravention is so precise. It must show what was happening ahead of the YBJ exactly at your point of entry.

See this thread:- http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=67434
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.