Full Version: [NIP Wizard] late NIP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
golf9
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - March 2012
Date of the NIP: - 14 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 16 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A53 newcastle road Leek (124)
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Not known
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - company car but registered but i am the keeper
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - I was travelling to work at 7.10am from home in stoke to sheffield office,
The camera is at the bootm of a large hill which is 40mph, then changes to 30mph, it is signed etc, and i have been caught by this camera before, same time approx going to work early in the morning, did the speed course ain November last year

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - No
Was there a valid reason for the NIP's late arrival? - No

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • The first NIP to the Registered Keeper must arrive within 14 days unless there is a valid reason why that was not possible, for example a recent change of details.

This link will take you to the advice provided by the RAC's legal team.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:54:09 +0000
Aretnap
QUOTE (golf9 @ Fri, 30 Mar 2012 - 15:54) *
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - company car but registered but i am the keeper

Are you sure about this?It's very unusual for an employee to be the registered keeper of a company car. Do you personally get road tax reminders from the DVLA? Please confirm that you have the V5C registration document in your possession, and that it has your correct name and address on it.

Also - is it a car you've recently aquired? What is the DocRef date towards the bottom of page 2 of the VsC?
Pete D
Is the car provided from a leasing company. Pete D
The Rookie
QUOTE (golf9 @ Fri, 30 Mar 2012 - 16:12) *
company car but registered but i am the keeper

Again in English please, to confirm you have the V5C (registration document) in your name, you have it at your address and it's been that way for a while? The car isn't leased?

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.