Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN 23 BARNET
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ClEVERBOY
Received this ticket on a Sunday Wrote letter to council as follows:[
Dear Sirs
I write with reference to xxxxxxxxx received on 18.3.2012.
Please note that I had to urgently collect a prescription from xxxxxxxx Pharmacy at xxxxxxxx for my xxxxx who was recently discharged from hospital and requires urgent medication.(I was parked for no more than 5 min.)
There was no facilities near to the chemist to park my car other then where the alleged contravention took place and
I have attached to this email documentary evidence and would appeal to you to take these special circumstances into account and cancel the penalty notice.
I look forward to your early reply.

The reply came 8 days later as follows:
Thank you for your letter which was received on 20/03/2012 regarding the above Penalty Charge Notice which was issued on 18/03/2012 17:53:08 at 17:53 to xxxxxx on xxxxxxx for the contravention Parked in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle.
We have considered everything in your letter including but do not feel that you have made grounds for cancelling the Notice and as such payment remains due. We have rejected your reasons for cancellation because based on the items being collected an exemption was not applicable to the vehicles presence.

As you can see "compassion" is not something reconised when it comes to parking tickets.
Wander if anyone thinks that there are any technical grounds to formally appeal against the fine. My car is a regular Saloon 4 door.
SchoolRunMum
You could email and ask for the Traffic Order relating to that bay. Do not mention the PCN, just email and request a link to the Order. Then you should soon know whether that sign actually conveys the effect of the order.

And the reason for rejection doesn;t match the contravention - they have said 'based on the items being collected an exemption was not applicable...' Say what? The contravention was nowt to do with the item, it was the vehicle: 'parked in a place not designated for that type of vehicle'. You could fire back a response straight away to ask them to clarify what they mean re that sentence and to ask for the Traffic Order for the bay at the same time so you can make an informed decision.

I also think there has been an adjudication finding in favour of an appellant where that wording was used as it doesn;t make clear what sort of vehcile IS allowed. I would have thought the wording of the Order could be key.

Other than that, not sure unless the driver or passenger was disabled then you may be able to argue that you thought you could park in a loading bay to get medicine...even then you'd have to argue it at adjudication I suspect.
ClEVERBOY
Thanks for your advice School/RunMum.
Will try and see what they reply.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.