Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newby saying hello
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Glynnroy
Hi everybody,

It’s great to know there are people out there who can decipher the law for others and are prepared to assist you in dealing with your vehicle tribulations issued by the police and enforcement authorities.

I have in years gone by picked up speeding fines and penalty points for going only marginally over the speeding regulation, I regard myself as a very cautious driver but sometimes you cannot always be looking at your dials on the dash checking your speed periodiacally, that’s why I am so against most speeding cameras that are places and areas that just seem so meaningless and most are definitely not black spots.

I would just like to say a big thank you for the site and hope it comes in handy for me one day although I am looking through posts right now just to see how the law works.
I have though a friend of mine who traveled to cleethorpes the other day and was caught speeding doing 84 in a 70 on the m180 I was just wondering what kind of assistance or help I could give him acquired from this web site.
biggrin.gif
Insider
I have though a friend of mine who traveled to cleethorpes the other day

Which one on the M180?

Great Coates or Trent Bridge  :?:

and has he recieved a NiP yet?
the best thing you could do is point him in this direction  :idea:
Glynnroy
He hasn’t done anything as yet about it,  he has had a letter through the post telling him because he was over the speed  limit he is going to have  to pay a fine of £60 and this will be followed up by 3 penalty points.

The area he was caught was just as you come onto the m180 heading east bound towards Scunthorpe just as you get on the motorway from Thorne.

He is at work at the moment but I would love to give him a big surprise and tell him they may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks again. biggrin.gif
Insider
The area he was caught was just as you come onto the m180 heading east bound towards Scunthorpe just as you get on the motorway from Thorne.

Ahh, the famous 'Trent Bridge' speedtrap area.... If it wasn't the van on the police pullover (just past the slight bend) , it would have been the bike on the bridge  :evil:
Glynnroy
OH right, it’s quite recognizable to you then, I take it there are dozens of individuals out there who have been hit by the cops on that stretch of motorway.

So the big question now is, what can he do to try and overturn the penalty is there any way forward to get off with this.

Has he a case in his defence or should he just pay it and be done.
smile.gif
Glynnroy
I take it there will be more replys later as it seemsto have gone a little quiet... :?
Glynnroy
I can`t understand why nobody has responded to this ...

Have I done something wrong...
Insider
Hi Glynnroy,

You haven't as such done something wrong, however this post is really in the wrong section as it needs to be in the Judicial Process section, but then again your 'friend' also needs to either give you some more details to post, or join and post themselves on the subject.

There are a number of things your friend could possibly do, but it depends on the circumstances.

Also, this is a free board, and 'staffed' by volunteers who also tend to be pretty busy with their day jobs  :wink: or just be on/off the board all day like me.

I'm sure a moderator will move this post for you automatically to the right section, and you'll have to read the 'READ THIS FIRST' sticky in the Judicial Process section and put some 'meat' into the thread  :D
Glynnroy
Ok my friend...

I will tell him that now as he is back from work now ... biggrin.gif
maverick
Hi guys
I am the person who glynroy is talking about,if anyone can give me some useful information about this post I would appriciate it ..
thanks biggrin.gif
Insider
Maverick,

Wait until a moderator has moved your post,

But Please Please Please read the READ ME FIRST CLICK HERE And post all of the required information, or else nobody will be able to help you  :wink:
Glynnroy
Maveric can you give the forum some more info to help you out as in the sticky thread this iformation as follows would be useful.

1. Was the offence in England or Scotland
2. The name of the Constabulary
3. Date of the offence
4. Date of the NIP
5. Date you received the NIP
6. Was the NIP addressed to you?
7. Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery?
8. Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? If not then what is your relationship with the vehicle?
9. Do you hold a UK or foreign driving licence.
10. How many current points do you have?
11. Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out.  Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons.
Insider
Glynnroy,

I've been away, but maverick needs to probably start posting themselves to get any real useable help (a third party makes it harder).... There are a number of options open to him/her at the moment ..

With the greatest of respect Kwacker, the camera's on the M180 Have been installed to generate the most amount of cash possible. one of the sites has accidents involving a JCB, a tractor and a couple of people driving the wrong way up the A/M180..  rolleyes.gif

Glynnroy, what you really need to do is spend a few hours reading the site and seeing what YOU think your options are:

There are a number of cases involving the Humberside scammers and i've picked a few below

Case 1 - Latest Humberside Case (NormaSnocker's)

Case 2

Case 3

Case 4

The main route taken by people is the PACE route, which is outlined in some detail on many many posts here. Nothing 'guarantees' a 'get off' but you must avail yourself of your rights, AND be prepared to put up a fight to get and use them  icon_wink.gif

Normasnockers is the latest Humberside case, and I'd suggest you read it carefully and then come back here and we'll have a further chat about your options  icon_wink.gif

QUOTE (Kwacker)
The point I was attempting to make was that if you are prepared to sit at 84 mph on the motorway, you must also accept the risks that go with it.

No you must not have to in my opinion, normally a traffic officer seeing someone at 80mph on a motorway will leave well alone as long as they are safe, it's good conditions etc... However the dodgyscope vans in humberside start at 77+ and they don't care quite frankly. So I 100% disagree there  icon_wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.