Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help filling out N244
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Grease
Hello, I need to fill out N244 as I wish to set aside the Officer of the Court's order which refused my OOT and Stat Dec appeal.

I have looked at the threads but can't see any advice on how to fill out the form - sorry I am being a bit thick and can't work out
- if I am the respondent
- which court to apply to - Can I apply to a Magistrates court?
- what my reasons are - I moved house didn't update my Vehicle docs until January this year and then discovered PCN and CCTV notices. It had got to bailiff stage. I did ask Camden Council to resend me the notices and confirm they had sent them to my previous address but I haven't heard back from them. That was a month ago.

Also I have 5 individual orders (3 CCTV same road same day), does that mean I have to make 5 separate appeals and pay five times of fees? I am on benefits WTC/Housing etc.

Many Thanks. rebecca
makara
Your detail seems rather vague - is this for parking tickets / NTOs ?

Any photos you can upload of paperwork received?
Enceladus
First and foremost contact Sheila or any of the team at bailiffadviceonline.co.uk. Pay the small consultation fee. They are the best source of advice when bailiffs are involved.

It is routine for Out of Time applications such as yours to be rejected.

You submit your N244 to the TEC (Traffic Enforcement Centre) at Northampton County Court. Does it not say so on the form that came with the rejection letter from the TEC? This will get the hearing transferred to your local County Court. Not the Magistrate's Court. (You don't want to be in the Magistrate's Court).

One N244 application per PCN where you have an OOT rejection letter from the TEC. It is best to request a personal hearing before a judge than risk a written decision. Ask for your submission fees to be refunded both on the application and at the hearing. If you are on a low income or in receipt of certain benefits then you may qualify for fee remission. Complete form EX160 for each N244.

I would seek advice from bailiffadviceonline as to what to what reason to give for being late. I would simply say that I did not receive any Notice to Owner or subsequent documentation. That the first I knew of the PCN(s) was as a result of a visit (or letter) from the bailiff. I have been deprived of my right to appeal the PCNs to the Parking and Traffic Appeals Service. I suppose you might as well admit that your car was not registered at the correct address due to an oversight which occurred when moving house, as the judge may well ask. However you had arranged for your poast to be forwarded by the Royal Mail so they should have arrived in any event. But check the exact form of words with BAO.
bama
the N244 must only state (valid) reason for the declaration being late and nothing else.

the purported rules the TEC uses:-

Court Officer Signing

* File check to be completed when processing the initial Rejected Response.

File contents:
Rejected Response from LA (including any statements)
Stat Dec / Witness Statement
OOT application
Any attachments from the respondent

Purpose – to grant / refuse permission for the respondent to file their stat dec / witness statement late. You are not looking for anything else e.g. whether the penalty charge is valid etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin by reading the respondent’s reason on the OOT for not responding within the time limit.

Tip: If they do not answer the question (they refer to the original contravention only or write about payments made etc), refuse the application.

Tip: If the respondent has provided a valid reason why they could not make the deadline and were unable to apply for a time extension and they provide proof (holiday tickets / hospital letter etc), grant the application.

If the respondent has provided a valid reason why they could not make the deadline and were unable to apply for a time extension, but you are still unsure of their reasons (no proof enclosed), read the statement provided by the LA to make the decision.

Tip: If the LA do not send a full statement but simply advise they reject the application, automatically grant the application.

If the respondent states that they moved addresses, check the system details for the date of the move ….

Tip: If the respondent has stated in their OOT that they have moved address before the notice to owner (NTO) was served or provided dates of when they moved so we can see the NTO was not served, the COO should be accepted. If the LA state in their rejection that they obtained the address from the DVLA but the respondent moved before NTO, the COO would still be accepted.
If they have only stated that they moved address and have provided no details, the COO would be refused. If the respondent admits that they did not notify the DVLA of their address change, the COO would be refused.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.