Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP recieved Average Speed M62
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
KDR7
Hi all,

First post on here so hope im in the right section ect....

I drive a taxi as a driver and DO NOT own the taxi i drive. The owner has recieved a NIP which he has passed to me to fill out as i was the driver at the time of the offence.

the offence has taken place on the average speed section of the M62 on a Saturday night at 00.32

The speed noted on the NIP is 58mph between JCT 27 and JCT 28 (the average speed check section is about 20miles long)

I have a few questions basically for anybody who has been in a similar situation

1, What will be the "offence code" SP50?
2. Standard £60 fine and 3 points?
3, Chance of being offered the speed awareness course? (read elsewhere on the site West Yorks Police only offer this for 30 and 40 MPH)

i put the details in the NIP wizard buy my situation is not as straight forward as the wizard thinks due to it being a work vehicle

Any advice on corse of action to take welcomed. thanks
jobo
the nip wiz is to help us help you
1 yes
2yes
3 provied it was 58 in a 50 then yes your alnmost garenteed to get a course

how ever you should not return the form, rather give it back and get the guy to name you, then you get your own
KDR7
QUOTE (jobo @ Tue, 20 Mar 2012 - 02:02) *
the nip wiz is to help us help you
1 yes
2yes
3 provied it was 58 in a 50 then yes your alnmost garenteed to get a course

how ever you should not return the form, rather give it back and get the guy to name you, then you get your own

Thats good i was worried as it wasnt listed here
he has passed the NIP to me having signed it and asked me to fill in my details on section 5
jobo
its 10 % plus 9 mph for a course on any road in gmp, some p[laces are more restictive, they can set there own rules if they arnt in the national scheme, but it nearly every where in E&W now

yes if he has signed it, you can complete it and post it, but get a record of posting, if it goes missing him rather than you have committed an offence and he will be ****** if he gets a 600 quid fine and 6 poiints,
KDR7
QUOTE (jobo @ Tue, 20 Mar 2012 - 02:15) *
its 10 % plus 9 mph for a course on any road in gmp, some p[laces are more restictive, they can set there own rules if they arnt in the national scheme, but it nearly every where in E&W now

yes if he has signed it, you can complete it and post it, but get a record of posting, if it goes missing him rather than you have committed an offence and he will be ****** if he gets a 600 quid fine and 6 poiints,

gmp - Greater Manchester police??

the NIP came from West Yorkshire Police
jobo
yes sorry,take no notice of that as far as im aware its 10% plus 9 in WYP area as well
KDR7
QUOTE (jobo @ Tue, 20 Mar 2012 - 02:22) *
yes sorry,take no notice of that as far as im aware its 10% plus 9 in WYP area as well

Thanks for help
Aretnap
Some time after you return the owner's form, you'll be sent your own NIP with a new requirement to identify the driver. You must complete this one with your details and sign it yourself - don't make the mistake of assuming that because your boss has already provided the info you don't have to confirm it yourself. Return both forms promptly to maximise your chances of getting a course.
albert2008
the signage on the M62 is poor, only one 50mph sign usually on the central reservation,
no signage on sliproads onto the M62
and no end of motorway works signs ether way,

although you know your in roadworks so need to travel at 50 for protection of workforce,
suprised that they get the prosecutions, Mr Loophole would get an easy win,
KDR7
QUOTE (albert2008 @ Tue, 20 Mar 2012 - 08:22) *
the signage on the M62 is poor, only one 50mph sign usually on the central reservation,
no signage on sliproads onto the M62
and no end of motorway works signs ether way,

although you know your in roadworks so need to travel at 50 for protection of workforce,
suprised that they get the prosecutions, Mr Loophole would get an easy win,

There was plenty of lighting and a fair bit of signage, i think ive just made the mistake of assuming its average speed through the whole section not between specific parts on the section

my main worry was not being offered the course for the offence
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.