Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BGS services, ticket on a van i have never owned or a place ive even been to!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Barricorps
Hi guys registered to tell you about the scam artists that are BGS, although im sure you already know that.

Got a letter from BGS last year through saying i was ilegally parked outside a fish bar in kingston apon thames with a photo of my van (supposedly)and a demand for around a £100.00.

A couple of things wrong with this...

1. Although it was my registration on the ticket , the photo of the van shown was NOT my van ! my van is signwritten top to bottom has always been, this photo was of a plain white van with the number plate purposely blurred out !(why would they blur the number plate, surely this would be the evidence )

2. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO KINGSTON ON THAMES IN MY LIFE! Neither has my van.i live in ipswich, suffolk

BGS have somehow got my name and address and reg plate and falseified fake photographic evidence and invented a fine for an offence that did not even exist.!

Been ignoring the letters and have now started to get Roxburghe letters which natrually are still being ignored as will the graham white ones that are sure to follow.

Thought i would share this story.....
bama
this one may be worth a "Gan letter".

though as there is so little chance of real court papers it may be better to use the stamp to send a letter to someone you like smile.gif
Jlc
Have you considered the possibility that your plate has been cloned? It might be worth reporting this as your next piece of mail could be something you can't ignore?
Barricorps
Actually i no longer own the van, i sold it at christmas time and i belive the dealer i p/x it to broke it for spares.

The number plate had been totally blurred out (completly intentional) on the original ticket, someone didnt want me to see the real plate on that van.

God knows how they got my details, if i can dig it out i will scan and post
bama
you can find out who requested the RK info (and when) from the DVLA

do it in writing/e-mail to the DVLA
Jlc
Did the DVLA confirm you are no longer the RK?
Barricorps
To be totally honest i havent delved into this much as im not too worried, i have just put the letters in a filebox and ignored them all.

I think ive had 3 from bgs and just recieved my first roxburghe letter.

Pretty confident they will fizzle out soon and if it does go to court i will show up in person bringing their "documention" with me along with actual photos of my van with the signwriting on but im sure it wont come to this.

Jlc
Indeed but it's important that the DVLA no longer have you registered for it... I guess you'll know if RFL requests arrive.
Barricorps
The dvla do know its no longer mine, i have sent off the tear off slip when i traded it in.

Would actually love this one to go to court, my father in law is a retired solicitor !

Gan
Could be a misread plate; could be a clone. Either way you want to bring this to a head.

Letter to Roxburghe that you deny any debt to their client and to refer it back to BGS.

Letter to BGS that you completely deny that your vehicle was at the location. You require them to check the registration number in the photograph.

If they do not confirm within seven days that they have misread it, you will pass their letters and photograph to the police as evidence of either a cloned vehicle or attempted fraud.
Barricorps
If it was a misread plate or a clone why would they blot it out ?
Gan
QUOTE (Barricorps @ Sun, 18 Mar 2012 - 22:10) *
If it was a misread plate or a clone why would they blot it out ?

Something they would have to explain if it isn't your number and the police ask to see the original
bama
which is is why it would be good if you you find out who requested the RK info (and when) from the DVLA.

Jlc
QUOTE (Barricorps @ Sun, 18 Mar 2012 - 21:59) *
The dvla do know its no longer mine, i have sent off the tear off slip when i traded it in.

That's no guarantee. Did they write to you to confirm?
albert2008
go to vehicle enquiry. 4th box down, is it taxed,

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortal...?skin=directgov

and reg here

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

see what comes up,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.