Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mr Loophole saves another celeb.
FightBack Forums > Discussion > News / Press Articles
Pinback
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...ing-charge.html

Tennis pro turned gym tycoon David Lloyd has escaped a drink-drive charge after hiring the celebrity lawyer dubbed 'Mr Loophole' to prove he was physically unable to blow into a breathalyser.

One cannot but admire the legal prowess of the solicitor Nick Freeman, convincing the judge a tennis pro cant blow into a bag. I bet he could even get Stevie Wonder a driving licence.
Jamez80
Mr Freeman said his client had offered to give a blood or urine sample, but police declined.

Why did they decline this? I was thinking he was a lucky chap, until I read that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you chose to give a blood sample instead of breath test?
Aretnap
QUOTE (Jamez80 @ Sun, 18 Mar 2012 - 11:24) *
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you chose to give a blood sample instead of breath test?

No - that's an urban myth which seems to be mainly the fault of Withnail and I. If the breath test reading is lower than 50 then you have the option of giving a blood/urine test and having that reading used in place of the breath reading. It's usually in one's interests to do so, if only because it takes time to arrange the blood test, and the extra time metabolising the alcohol might make the difference between passing and failing. And if there's a genuine medical reason why someone can't give a breath test then they'd have a defence to failure to provide and the police would (or should) require them to take a blood or urine test instead. But there's no general right to refuse a breath test and insist on giving an alternative one instead. Relevant legislation is here (especially section 7 and 8).
henrik777
Bet Graham Walker isn't to happy with that piece.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/crime-c...ropped.17051801

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/308694...rink-drive-case

clark_kent
'compiled evidence that the multimillionaire has long suffered from a severe 'gag reflex', which means he chokes when foreign objects enter his mouth.'

How does he manage to eat then? A gag reflex is when you have something in your throat, if you gagged by touching something with your lips or tongue you would end up being fed by a drip or die.

jobo
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Sun, 18 Mar 2012 - 19:35) *
'compiled evidence that the multimillionaire has long suffered from a severe 'gag reflex', which means he chokes when foreign objects enter his mouth.'

How does he manage to eat then? A gag reflex is when you have something in your throat, if you gagged by touching something with your lips or tongue you would end up being fed by a drip or die.

youve obviously not tried oral sex ? wub.gif
Roverboy
QUOTE (jobo @ Sun, 18 Mar 2012 - 19:55) *
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Sun, 18 Mar 2012 - 19:35) *

youve obviously not tried oral sex ? wub.gif

occasion16.gif Depends how much i've had to drink.

One is fine,
Two at most,
Three under the table,
Four under the host (as long as female) biggrin.gif
ManxRed
Apologies if off topic:

A young student lad walks into a bar and says "Can I have five whiskies please?"

The barman asks "Hey, are you celebrating?"

The young lad says "Yes. My first BJ"

The barman says "Well done. Have a sixth whisky on me"

The young lad replies "Thanks for the offer, but if five don't take the taste away then a sixth won't make much difference"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.