Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insurance costs rise for one SP30
FightBack Forums > Discussion > News / Press Articles
Aretnap
I often see it said on here that "most insurance companies don't raise premiums at all for your first 3 points". From playing around with price comparison sites I've always doubted that this was correct - I've tended to see a small but noticeable increase when I add a recent SP30. While this has the usual "rehashed press release" feel of the Torygraph finance pages, it does seem to confirm my impression that the majority of insurers will now increase premiums.

Car insurance costs rise by up to 20pc for first-time speed offenders

albert2008
try Churchill, 3 points £60 fine, and then Churchill loaded the insurance for 5 YEARS,

and do not use your own name when testing the system,

mate tried a DD to see how it changed,
had to explain on renewal that he had no points, as it saves on the insurance computers,
glasgow_bhoy
QUOTE (albert2008 @ Fri, 16 Mar 2012 - 10:36) *
try Churchill, 3 points £60 fine, and then Churchill loaded the insurance for 5 YEARS,

and do not use your own name when testing the system,

mate tried a DD to see how it changed,
had to explain on renewal that he had no points, as it saves on the insurance computers,

I've made that mistake. 3 points, heavily modified car and 2 claims at fault. I just tried it to get an idea of what would happen in that situation. When I contacted my insurers, they were fine when I explained what I was doing- the guy said they could ask for a copy of my licence, but didn't- I mean they could see I had no claims anyway so that it was clearly a dummy quote.

The moral- always give your neighbours address, a daft name and not your car regi plate. Use a similar car.

That paper is talking extreme cases I can't help thinking. Points don't really affect me, and my friend decared his CU80 and TS10 and only got loaded by like 20%... for 6 points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.