FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
k1mac25
1. Was the offence in England or Scotland = Scotland
2. The name of the Constabulary = Grampian Police
3. Date of the offence = 1 July 2005
4. Date of the NIP = not sure when i returned from holiday
5. Date you received the NIP = as above
6. Was the NIP addressed to you? Yes
7. Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? = not sure
8. Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? If not then what is your relationship with the vehicle? = Yes
9. Do you hold a UK or foreign driving licence. = UK
10. How many current points do you have? = 0
11. Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out.  Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons.

I saw them the other side of the road (duel carrigeway) catching folk going southbound, when they were on the northbound! (sister got done a few months back this way, so I knew that's what they were doing) so I shut it down and cruised past, also had my mate in the car with me who agrees that I couldn't have been doing 71. but not sure how far they can get you from, as soon as I saw them, I hit the anchors.

Anyway, after I declared that I was driving, I just got a letter say it was being sent to the Procurator Fiscal, and that no conditional offer was going to be made.

• Copies of all photographs taken.
• Proof of the speed of the vehicle (as yet this has not been provided) and information as to how the speed was calculated.
• From this information it should be possible to calculate the speed of the vehicle and I would expect this to be exactly the same as any radar speed reading
• I also would like information explaining how the radar actually takes it’s readings
• I wish to see all maintenance and calibration records for the radar and certificate proving the persons who are carrying out the procedure are appropriately trained.
• Provide information that the site used was suitable for this type of equipment and free from any type of contamination, both at the time of set-up, how often this was re-checked and also at the time of the incident.
• That in selecting the site the 85th percentile speed was greater that the ACPO guidelines and proof that this was the case, full details and dates on which this was calculated.
• I would also like to see a copy of the forces procedures and any other government guidelines for the use of this type of equipment.  

anything else you think I could do that may be helpful?

many thanks
Ocelot
It is quite important to try and find answers to questions 4,5 & 7, as if the NIP was dated 14 days or more after the alleged offence, or if it was posted 2nd class, the prosecution is a non-starter, assuming you weren't stopped at the time.
k1mac25
well I returned from my hols on the 15th and it was sitting waiting for me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.