Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shepherds Bush Green Camera flashed me twice
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Sanch
Hi guys,

Newbie here so i hope i have posted in the right area etc, if not apologises!

Anyway today i was on my motorbike driving down Holland road heading towards shepherds bush green and whilst driving down there i had an idiot car driver who wouldnt let me pass regardless on either side. We came to the round about and i eventually passed him as we approached the first set of lights coming into Shepherds bush green which were RED and i stopped. The car driver then arrived and also stopped and was right next to me revving his engine trying to intimidate but i ignored it and waited for the set of lights to go green so that i could take off. As the lights changed i accelerated to get away from him and noticed that the lights in front which are less than a 100 metres away where going to RED and as i started slowing down the first flash went off and then subsequently the second went as i stopped. This area is by the Shepherds bush MALL if anyone knows it so my first question was going to be is this a speed camera or red light camera?

I presume its a speed camera due to it flashing twice and also as i hadn't crossed the line cant be a red light camera right? I remember clearly looking at the speedo on my bike and it was around the 30mph mark. I know bikes can be fast but the distance from stopped at the first set of lights to the next especially with me stopping wasnt at all way over 30mph in my opinion, as yes with the second set of lights green then yes someone could easily keep going and do more than 30.

So i presume the only thing to do here is wait to see if i get an NIP right? I honestly know i wasnt doing more than 35mph and i actually think if anything i was around the 29-33mph mark.

Another question would be what would happen if i was around the 29-33mph considering i came to a stop at the second set of lights what would happen? Do i still get an NIP and automatic £60 fine and 3 points?

Sorry to ask so many questions but feel a little surprised i was flashed to begin with and would feel really hard done by if i was to receive points on my license when i have had my license since 17 yrs old (now 39) without anything to now have it spoilt. I have attached a google map image of the area and its not really up to date as a lot has changed since Westfield has been built but not the camera and second set of lights. You will see the camera that i think flashed and also where the bus is stopped at the second set of lights.

Any advise would be much appreciated to help this newbie to the forum?!

Thanks,
S

jobo
i wish people would post the link rather than a still from google, is that the camera ? its clearly a speed camera, it appears to have sensors in the road ?, but no secondary markings on the road, which might give you a point to argue

yes you need to wait 14 days

if your in the 30s it will be three points
Jlc
Looks like a Speedcurb camera. Too far away from the lights so is monitoring speed.

Prosecution is unlikely to occur until 35mph.
Sanch
QUOTE (jobo @ Sun, 4 Mar 2012 - 03:22) *
i wish people would post the link rather than a still from google, is that the camera ? its clearly a speed camera, it appears to have sensors in the road ?, but no secondary markings on the road, which might give you a point to argue

yes you need to wait 14 days

if your in the 30s it will be three points

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Shepherds+...12,271.78,,0,0#

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Shepherds+...262.86,,0,-0.82
Sanch
Haven't received anything as its been 3 weeks so i presume it either didnt have film or registered my speed at a speed not over 30 then i presume. The camera did take 2 flashes though but they were not a quick one after the other more the first went and there was a delay till the second as i came to a near holt.

This does look like 'Jlc' said a Speedcurb camera and was probably triggered by the fact the lights were changing to be red as i approached under the red light phase presuming i hadnt or wasnt going to stop but i did which if i ever receive anything will be shown on the pic with my brakes lights applied right?

If it was operating under the green light phase for speed then i was coming to a standstill anyway after the first flash and completely came to a holt on the second can i still be prosecuted then? I presume it just takes the second pic to calculate the speed with the markings on the road.

So might be that i was just over whatever the camera is calibrated being lets say 30 - 36 mph to trigger the flash/camera but on the second flash which was delayed was under 30 mph i thinking. Dont know how these actually work but i'm presuming its like that maybe but as i said havent received anything yet and its been 3 weeks.

If i do receive something in the future i'm right in thinking its timed out under the 14 day rule also.
jobo
if your on the logbook and have been for a while, then just forget it now the 14 days have gone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.