Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MET Parking Service
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
simps100
Hi all,

Got some junk mail through the post from these people on friday for overstaying at mc donalds, called up mc donalds more to just complain than anything, explained how there was 4 of us all eating which is why we were longer than 60 mins, they took all the details and are going to contact me back.

Today i got another one from a different day (We enjoy our mc donalds!!) although for some reason they sent 2 copies of this one.

Is it worth another complaint to mc ds or just ignore anything i get from MET from now? Ive had these in the past from C.P Plus, the difference here being MET have a few pretty pictures of me driving in and out... does this make any difference or can i safely ignore?

Cheers
robwales
QUOTE (simps100 @ Mon, 6 Feb 2012 - 16:46) *
Hi all,

Got some junk mail through the post from these people on friday for overstaying at mc donalds, called up mc donalds more to just complain than anything, explained how there was 4 of us all eating which is why we were longer than 60 mins, they took all the details and are going to contact me back.

Today i got another one from a different day (We enjoy our mc donalds!!) although for some reason they sent 2 copies of this one.

Is it worth another complaint to mc ds or just ignore anything i get from MET from now? Ive had these in the past from C.P Plus, the difference here being MET have a few pretty pictures of me driving in and out... does this make any difference or can i safely ignore?

Cheers

i had a letter from them last week which amused me so i decided to play there game, here is the letter i sent them in an envelope marked no contract return to sender:

Dear Sirs.
Ref: ********

I am returning you this spam mail which you have posted, please refrain from further harassment of any kind to me.
The Driver has no contract with you and I am not legally obliged to give you the driver’s details.
The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 apply to private parking tickets.

5 (1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.
(2) A term shall always be regarded as not having been individually negotiated where it has been drafted in advance and the consumer has therefore not been able to influence the substance of the term."

The Administration of Justice Act 1970
Section 40 is headed "Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors"
Under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970
(1) A person commits an offence, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract.
(a) harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;
The driver was a patron of McDonald’s and used the services it provided and paid for them.

If you feel you have a case then please submit the relevant documentation to a county court where it will be requested for hearing at Newport County Court.

Legally your signs have to be displayed properly and visibly prominent. The driver did not see any signs when using McDonalds, further it is not for the driver to prove they did not see them it is for you to prove they were there and visible. (Incidentally at McDonalds today and your signs are as follows: 90% facing away from the car park and 10% obscured by parked vehicles as they have dropped down the lamp posts. It could be argued that a company of repute would put proper signs up and not have corrugated flimsy plastic signs held up with cable ties. Again it is for you to prove that the signs were all completely visible, not obscured in any way and facing the car park during the drivers patronage of McDonalds.)

You cannot send bailiffs or instruct anyone without a judgement from the court and if you do so prior to any judgement being received then you will be committing an offence under section40 of the administration of justice act 1970 and should my credit be harmed then legal recourse will be taken against you.

If you decide to harass me or anyone at my parents’ house then this will be reported to the relevant authorities and legal action will be taken against you for duress, humiliation, harassment, I also inform you now in writing that there is no implied right of access to this private property as this letter expressly removes this right for you and any of your employees/agents or third party’s acting on your instruction.
I must also inform you that it is not for the driver to prove patronage at McDonalds it is for you to prove not. Any further correspondence received from you will incur the administration fees below:

Schedule of Fees:
1) Receipt and opening and reading of letters £300 per letter(please enclose payment with letters it will make it much easier)
2) Bill for payment of schedule of rates as set out at £500 per item on the bill
3) Reply to your letters £500 per reply
4) Legal fees (if incurred) £1000 per hour
5) Telephone calls £150 per call (maximum 10 minutes) then a further £10 per minute thereafter.(minimum charge 10 minutes)
6) Video or other files requested are charged at £500 per kb of information.
7) Mileage at £100 per mile

By responding to this letter you are forming a contract with me agreeing to my schedule of rates and agree to pay them.
I trust you will follow either legal procedure or you will stop trying to demand money with menaces from me for the driver using a restaurant.
If you decide to follow legal procedure I will expect a letter of notification of county court action against the driver to be then next letter relating to this matter which will of course be from the courts and not you and we will allow the courts to settle this matter.
Alternatively I will receive a letter from you stating I have no penalty to pay.
In any event I expect no threatening letters etc. or other correspondence from you and receipt of such will result in my schedule of rates being levied against you.
Regards
SchoolRunMum
...or you could just make a paper aeroplane out of the fake PCNs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

But I would encourage a complaint in writing to McDonalds CEO. Funnily enough she's Jill McDonald, see details here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3774243

HTH, always complain even though it has no individual effect. The number of complaints about PPCs alienating customers will be key in the end, I think.
robwales
but i was bored so i thought id put a few f**ks through them smile.gif
simps100
To add to this... after a ton of letters from them, some in big red writing im now getting some from Debt Recovery Plus ltd, is this normal and ok to continue to ignore?
bama
its normal. we know DR-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.