Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I re-appeal a parking fine?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Jaydon
I got a ticket on 28/11/11 for alleged parking for over 2 hours in a 2 hour maximum parking bay. The CEO was literally putting the ticket on my car when I got to him. I told him that I did park there at first, then I left and came back. I even told him that the car was facing the opposite direction, to which he agreed with me. I then just left and appealed against the fine. The appeal was rejected via a letter I received a whole 51 days after my initial appeal. The CEO who booked me said that to the senior officer that the valve positions on my car were in the same place at 9:41 and 11:55. This is a complete lie. I had parked at 9:30, then moved the car at around 10:30, and came back around 11:00 before trying to leave at 11:55, 5 minutes before the 2 hours would have elapsed. Therefore the valves could not be in the same place. And like I said, the CEO agreed at the time that my car was facing the opposite direction.

Anyway, the senior officer said she was filling to fine me the initial £25, and not the increased £50. I phoned the council up to ask to speak to the senior officer, but she was unavailable, so I had to speak to someone else. The woman told me that if I wanted to appeal again, I should not pay the fine in the 14 days, then I’d receive a NTO, from which I could take it further by appealing. What I want to know is, if I was to take this to the tribunal, how they would intend to prove I committed the offence? All they me was 6 pictures of my car parked, but all are timed between 11:52 and 11:56. The CEO would not be able to prove his lie of my car valve positions being in the same position.

On the letter fro the senior officer, she wrote “may I also advise you that although you are permitted to park in this area for maximum of 2 hours, you are not permitted to re-park in these bays within 2 hours of vacating the area.” Now this is something I did not know, so I’m thinking they would bring this up to try and avoid the real issue. So I also need to know how successful are further appeals? I don’t want them to further reject my next appeal because the fine would probably double. So if they simply just reject my appeal again, it would cost me even more with legal fees for the tribunal, something I’d rather avoid by fine the unjust fine now.

All advice will be appreciated.
interlog
Post up scubbed out pictures of the PCN, your representation and letter from the Council. Omit personal details such as name/address/VRM/PCN number.
Neil B
We need to see everything
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.