Full Version: [NIP Wizard] dfass
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
dfass
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - January 2012
Date of the NIP: - 9 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 10 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A24 (Southbound), Dial Post
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 6
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - I was breaking hard as I went through the road markings.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • The law requires you to provide the information requested in the Section 172 notice within the 28 day period, naming yourself as the driver. If you are considering obtaining formal legal advice, do so before returning the notice.

You should note that there is nothing to be gained by responding any earlier than you have to at any stage of the process. You are likely to receive a Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty (COFP) and further reminder(s). If you want to continue the fight, you should ignore all correspondence from the police until you receive a summons. You need to understand from the outset that while you will receive much help and support from members on the forums, you will need to put time and effort into fighting your case and ultimately be prepared to stand up in court to defend yourself.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:31:50 +0000
MartinHP71

What speed ?
dfass
QUOTE (MartinHP71 @ Tue, 31 Jan 2012 - 11:57) *
What speed ?

Allegedly 71 MPH.
Pete D
In what limit. Pete D
BaggieBoy
There are 60MPH GATSOs at that location.
Jlc
QUOTE (dfass @ Tue, 31 Jan 2012 - 12:02) *
What speed ?

Allegedly 71 MPH.

Are you questioning the measurement? You'll need to ask for photo's to help identify the driver - do not mention 'evidence' as you're not entitled to any at this stage. Hopefully the photo's will show the secondary measurement - 2 shots showing the distance travelled across the markers.
dfass
QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 31 Jan 2012 - 12:20) *
QUOTE (dfass @ Tue, 31 Jan 2012 - 12:02) *
What speed ?

Allegedly 71 MPH.

Are you questioning the measurement? You'll need to ask for photo's to help identify the driver - do not mention 'evidence' as you're not entitled to any at this stage. Hopefully the photo's will show the secondary measurement - 2 shots showing the distance travelled across the markers.

Yes, it was a 60 limit and I am sure I was breaking hard as I went through the markings. I will ask for photos as you suggest.
BaggieBoy
QUOTE (dfass @ Wed, 1 Feb 2012 - 13:09) *
Yes, it was a 60 limit and I am sure I was breaking hard as I went through the markings. I will ask for photos as you suggest.

Did you break before or after the flashes? If after then probably a pointless exercise.
Logician
BRAKE, BRAKED, BRAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dfass
QUOTE (BaggieBoy @ Wed, 1 Feb 2012 - 13:30) *
QUOTE (dfass @ Wed, 1 Feb 2012 - 13:09) *

Did you break before or after the flashes? If after then probably a pointless exercise.

I don't know, that's why I need to see the photos.
jobo
we had a similar one last week,

if you were doing 71 with the brakes hard on and triggered the camera, you may just have got the speed down by the second flash, but dropping 11 mph in half a second takes some doing, though to be accurate you would only need to get it down to 63 to have a point to argue, that being that the electronic and the hard measurement need to be with 10 %

yes ask for the pices and someone will measure it for you
The Rookie
QUOTE (jobo @ Wed, 1 Feb 2012 - 14:52) *
if you were doing 71 with the brakes hard on and triggered the camera, you may just have got the speed down by the second flash, but dropping 11 mph in half a second takes some doing,

He'd have to drop 22mph to get the average below 60.....

Simon
jobo
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 1 Feb 2012 - 15:23) *
QUOTE (jobo @ Wed, 1 Feb 2012 - 14:52) *
if you were doing 71 with the brakes hard on and triggered the camera, you may just have got the speed down by the second flash, but dropping 11 mph in half a second takes some doing,

He'd have to drop 22mph to get the average below 60.....

Simon

ive lost debates over braking with you before biggrin.gif , so no intention of doing so again,, how much speed would he have to lose, so the car didnt reach the marker that confirmed his speed was within 10 % of 71
The Rookie
To get the average speed outside the 10% tolerance (assuming original reading is absolutely correct of course) he'd have to loose just over 14mph in the 1/2 second, that is not really doable, 1G braking (top notch modern car on good tyres) would shed about 12mph, if its a 0.7s camera it would shed 15mph....anything less than 1G, well an average for a middle range hatch is capable of about 0.85G, and it's not going to happen.

Simon
jobo
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 1 Feb 2012 - 15:45) *
To get the average speed outside the 10% tolerance (assuming original reading is absolutely correct of course) he'd have to loose just over 14mph in the 1/2 second, that is not really doable, 1G braking (top notch modern car on good tyres) would shed about 12mph, if its a 0.7s camera it would shed 15mph....anything less than 1G, well an average for a middle range hatch is capable of about 0.85G, and it's not going to happen.

Simon

cheers biggrin.gif
CuriousOrange
To average 63mph he'd need to be doing 55 mph after braking if it's as good as constant.

That means scrubbing off 16 mph, which is about 7 m/s, in half a second.

Which means pushing over 1.4 g. since before the flash first went off (taking it as going off immediately after the radar reading and the OP braking already).

Which means no.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.