Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bank Holiday Parking - Parking in a restricted street during prescribed hours
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
unknown786
Hi,

I parked on Wood Lane (next to Westfield) on boxing day on a single yellow as I thought that bank holidays meant free parking on single yellows.

I have attached a copy of the nearest sign to me as well as a copy of my ticket. There are no pictures and I cannot seem to find any online when I go through to the payment page.

Any advice would be much appreciated - I am hoping that there may be some grounds of appeal based on the fact that:

1. I was not provided with any photos
2. The sign is confusing - it gives no loading hours which suggests you can load at other times but then also says no parking at all.
3. I thought that Bank Holidays meant Sunday rules and therefore it would be ok to park (lesson learnt!)

Thanks in advance.
unknown786
any ideas?
ajdj
Hi unknwon, have a look at my thread Ive almost exactly made the same error as you and also got a PCN from the same CEO! Im not sure whether you'll find any useful information, either way I hope someone here can help you get your appeal accepted.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=67334
unknown786
Thanks ajdj - I did see your thread (in fact, it's what inspired me to post!) - will keep an eye on the responses but don't think I can rely on the sign not being clear as there was nothing stuck over it!
unknown786
I guess if nothing else it is worth a try sending something like this:

PCN Number: HZxxxxxxxx
Vehicle Registration: xxxxx
Date of Contravention: 26/12/2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to know if the Civil enforcement officer checked the restriction sign at the time of the alleged contravention and whether he/she believed it met the mandatory requirements.

Further, I would like to request a copy of any pictures taken as required.

Regards,
ajdj
QUOTE (unknown786 @ Wed, 4 Jan 2012 - 18:22) *
I guess if nothing else it is worth a try sending something like this:

PCN Number: HZxxxxxxxx
Vehicle Registration: xxxxx
Date of Contravention: 26/12/2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to know if the Civil enforcement officer checked the restriction sign at the time of the alleged contravention and whether he/she believed it met the mandatory requirements.

Further, I would like to request a copy of any pictures taken as required.

Regards,

Maybe they'll back down due to sheer lazyness tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.