Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motorbike Parking Ticket (Birmingham Council)
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Nickm21
Hi guys,

New poster but been around for a while reading your great advice!

Last night I received a parking ticket on my bike for a

01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

I parked on the pavement between a lampost and a telegraph post, the was a large space left on the pavement. The road had double yellows on.

Can anyone give me some advice if I have a leg to stand on when it comes to appealing?

I park it there while at college as I can lock it to a lamp post and it is visible to the college CCTV. I had someone mess with it before so like to play it safe and keep it visible. Would this make any difference to them?>?

Thanks

Nick
Nickm21
Click to view attachment
SchoolRunMum
Not seeing much in the way of grounds for appeal because the yellow line means the road is restricted from property boundary wall to boundary wall (i.e. you cannot avoid it by parking on a pavement).

Can you show the back of the PCN please, small print may be flawed?
Nickm21
Thanks for your response Schoolrun!

I thought as much sad.gif

Back of PCN attached

Click to view attachment
SchoolRunMum
Sorry, can't see anything wrong with the PCN and it says that the stingy Council don't even necessarily re-offer the 14 day discount if you bung in a quick informal appeal. Normally there's nowt to lose by informally appealing but in this case who knows, and if those photos are the Council's then they have photo evidence of the bike as well. Not looking great I think.
Nickm21
No they are my photos,

Thought as much sad.gif

Thanks for looking at this for me anyway wink.gif

Nick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.