Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camden recovery of unpaid PCN no ticket originally
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Rob80
Hi there, I received an Order for recovery of an unpaid penalty charge from Camden council for £202. This was fairly surprising as previous to this letter I did not receive any notifications or in fact the original ticket.
I called Camden to find out why the ticket was issued and apparently it was for parking on a zig-zag line and driving away before the ticket was issued. As I have a permit for the area there is only one place I would park and that is when unloading outside my shop. Although next to a zig-zag line, it is in fact a single yellow line 1 car length long. Rather strangely for Camden they do not possess a photo of my vehicle in the location and there is no mention of the time it occurred.

that's the notice

that's where I parked between the zig-zag and the bus stop, any advice on how to deal with this is gratefully received
Many thanks
Rob
P.S the bicycle road markings didn't exist back then I don't know if that makes any difference.
clark_kent
QUOTE (Rob80 @ Fri, 18 Nov 2011 - 15:01) *
that's where I parked between the zig-zag and the bus stop, any advice on how to deal with this is gratefully received
Many thanks
Rob
P.S the bicycle road markings didn't exist back then I don't know if that makes any difference.

Do you have a smart car there is no way a normal car would fit in there?
Gan
You need to follow the instructions regarding the TEC9. I assume your grounds are that you never received the NTO

The council IIRC will have to cancel the ticket or refer it to the adjudicator.

Regardless of what it says in the notes on your form, the usual advice is NOT to contact the council.
Rob80
The Yellow line has changed length since the repaint but surely I can't be expected to pay 200 quid on the basis that a warden says I was somewhere, isn't that why they carry cameras?
Neil B
QUOTE (Rob80 @ Fri, 18 Nov 2011 - 15:45) *
The Yellow line has changed length since the repaint but surely I can't be expected to pay 200 quid on the basis that a warden says I was somewhere, isn't that why they carry cameras?

Stop talking about the PCN and circumstances for now.

priority is to deal with the OfR. Do as Gan said. get the TE9 sorted.
Rob80
QUOTE (Neil B @ Fri, 18 Nov 2011 - 15:52) *
get the TE9 sorted.

OK, will do
thanks
Rob
Neil B
keep it simple.

You may only use one ground.

For you it's just tick -- 'no PCN received' -- according to what you've said.
Rob80
Its done, although the web address given on the OfR to download the TE9 form is wrong!
cream70
Did not a TE9 Witness statement form come with the OFR.?
Neil B
QUOTE (cream70 @ Fri, 18 Nov 2011 - 20:23) *
Did not a TE9 Witness statement form come with the OFR.?

Should have been. I'm sure but can't think of where that is in Regs. ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.