Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manchester - Order for Recovery of unpaid penalty charge
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
danny2324
I have received this in the post on Saturday. From reading here, I am unsure what to do. Am I right in thinking to send back the declaration (In the presence of the Judge or whoever) saying I have never recived the NtO etc, just ignore, or return to sender?

I have removed the dates so that it cannot be identified. Apparently the NtO was sent 2 weeks after the incident and the case was lodged before the 6 month limit.

Thanks guys
Gan
You do exactly what it says on the form (and quickly) unless you intend to pay it.

Ignoring it or returning to sender will result in a visit from the bailiffs.
danny2324
Magistrates Court cannot deal with it as it is not a criminal matter, County Court refer you to Magistrates or put you on hold for 20 minutes....

Nobody has heard of it before
Gan
Use Google to find a solicitor near wherever you live who is also a Commissioner for Oaths.
bama
the perils of dealing with phone drones.

ring the TEC and they will give you guidance.

AIUI if you go the county court office they will have people there who can take the statement.
do not sign the paper before you get there !

its free at county and you don't need an appointment, Mags will get you to make an appointment and will charge a fee !
Aretnap
Sounds like you got through to some right prats at the courts.

A solicitor will charge a small fee, but may be more interested in helping you as they're getting paid for it. This may be preferable to being given the runaround by the court and sitting on the phone for ages waiting to get through to someone who knows what they're talking about.
bama
just go to the nearest county court - when the court office is open. some are not open for all the court hours IME
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.