Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nottingham Goldsmith St. Tram Gate PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
scarble
Hi folks, new here, just had a PCN for entering a "tram gate" in Nottingham, as I was completely caught out by the poor signage I think it's fair that I appeal and be let off, that would be fair wink.gif

I've already missed my discounted rate as I've been rather busy.
the story: I'd just had a gentle nudge from behind while queuing at lights, the idiot then tried to stop in the middle of the very congested road to sort it out, fortunately I had the intelligence to lead him off to a side road. No damage, a bit of his paint on my car but tbh I don't care, so let him on his way. But didn't know where I was! Went one way and got stuck in a dead end, turned round, ended up going left out of what I now know is pearl street, possibly passing some tiny dead-end signs (having looked on google streetview, don't remember seeing them before..) and drove right into the tram gate, only realising after I crossed the line and having no safe place to turn I carried on sad.gif

As far as I'm concerned the signs are too far from the road and blend into the furniture as they're in line with bins, lamp-posts and bus shelters. The odd spacing of the "TRAM ONLY" on the road means it takes longer to read, so you're over the line by the time you figure it out and the poor surface of goldsmith st means there was standing water, visible on the PCN (although from a different angle so less reflection), which partially obscured the lettering and the yellow line across the road.

Now I have seen one successful appeal on these forums (from the other direction?) but I really don't fancy the stress and taking the time off work and finding my way to Birmingham only to be told I still have to pay it, plus the fuel cost getting there plus NCC's costs. Any more tales of successful appeals?
I'm not too good with all the fancy legal language used for these kind of things, it's all a bit intimidating!
SchoolRunMum
Well if you are past the discount you may as well appeal. In some areas you could opt for a telephone hearing so you may not have to physically attend.

Firstly though, show us a picture of your PCN, all pages, and a GoogleStreetView link if you can, to the tramgate in question.
Twamonwe
Google Street View isn't reliable at all in these cases anymore(much like most Sat Nav data), the pictures are over 2 years old and a lot of the signage has changed since then, although interestingly enough if you actually look at the Map View of the Tram Gate in Google Streets it shows a distinct narrowing of the road at this location.

Also I reckon they might have just paid the PCN as its been 10 days since the last post........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.