Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Great Riversdale Rd N5 Robbery
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
C22
Hi all, I am another who has fallen foul of the Riversdale trap,
I have read most of the threads and news reports and cant believe this bit of road is still ringing tills for the Islington council coffers

I am also not able to veiw the footage on the council website despite it being well over a week ago when the pictures should be there !!

And can someone else check google earth as when I zoom down to street veiw of green lanes N5 .....riversdale Rd junction the actual piece of road where the width restriction is mysteriously disappears funny that eh ninja.gif

Incidently I was in a van that measures 6'-6inches it certainly didn't look like I could fit through....

It seems that the council have done nothing to sort this road out and making a healthy amount of money to boot angry.gif
SchoolRunMum
You have presumably read some other threads so you will know that we need to see your paperwork. All pages of the PCN, just cover the PCN number and car reg (and name/address if it was a postal PCN).

Your case may seem similar to others - and indeed it may be very alike - but we still need 'your' PCN to look at, as we can't recall all the other cases and your PCN may be different.
yesjim
Islington Strikes again!

I had a PCN issued recently, and I discovered that the amount of tickets they have issued is worth millons now, I have checked the 2009 article in the Islington Gazzete of the 3rd of December 2009: at that time all thas situation was exposed and pushed Islington to refund fines for motorist who had an appeal worth about 1.6 millon!. Islington 'rectified' the markings of this money-box trap to make it more clear for drivers. However as per today, this width restriction is still tricky for drivers for the very same reason; only 20m far from the junction, which becomes imposible for motorist to digest and comply with all those signs.
The only thing they have change since 2009 is that they put a more powerful cctv camera (which you can't believe such technology is used to catch victims), restriction width sings on the main road and gigantic arrows on the road. Maybe the chances for a driver to get confuse are less than before, but the trap is still there.
My first appeal was refused, instead they send me a print 'teaching me how to use the blue signs' They use the Highway Code to launder their activity and make it look legitim. They worst part is that the say: 'pay £65 'as an offer to settle the matter' (wow I've got 50%off discount), but, that if you want to contest or appeal again, they will seek the full amount of the penalty £130. I can interpret it as a way of saying 'just pay and shut up or else it will cost you more' I might pay the £65 now, but I may write to the BBC program Rip-off Britain to see if they are interested in unmasking this vampires under the umbrella of power.

If anyone knows; Should I go for a second appeal?

Regards
SchoolRunMum
You will get responses if you start your own thread with pics of your paperwork, like all the other current threads (you have hijacked an old thread for some reason).

Here is the current forum in case you just found this random thread and thought that was it:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

HTH, read the FAQs as well to help to see 'How to Post pictures'.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.