Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 88mph in a temp 50mph
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
rsrussell
6points or a ban (bigbrother voice) YOU DECIDE. lol

If i get banned how long will it be for? Trying to work out how much money i will save in fuel.lol

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - July 2011
Date of the NIP: - 5 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 6 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A13
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 3
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Saturday morning 7.45am on the A13 (dual carriageway) empty road, clear dry morning. I was doing 88mph and it was 50mph temporary limit due to roadworks (no roadworks or workmen nearby. I saw the policeman sitting on his bike as i approached, he was getting off and looked straight at me, no laser gun in sight??? He never followed me either?? He apparently zapped me with a SL700 at 258.95 metres doing 88mph

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • The law requires you to provide the information requested in the Section 172 notice within the 28 day period, naming yourself as the driver. If you are considering obtaining formal legal advice, do so before returning the notice.

You should note that there is nothing to be gained by responding any earlier than you have to at any stage of the process. You are likely to receive a Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty (COFP) and further reminder(s). If you want to continue the fight, you should ignore all correspondence from the police until you receive a summons. You need to understand from the outset that while you will receive much help and support from members on the forums, you will need to put time and effort into fighting your case and ultimately be prepared to stand up in court to defend yourself.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:36:10 +0000
odom

Your speed exceeds the magistrates guidelines so the punishment depends a lot on what mitigation you present. Plenty of examples to get you started if you search on here.

How old are the three points? A short ban might be preferable to driving for a long time with the possibility of a six month totting ban.
The Rookie
At 300m I suspect you hadn't even ID'd the police biker for what he was when he pinged you and was in the process of getting ready to stop you as you approached.

Simon
rsrussell
I pleaded guilty by post. This has been rejected and another datehas been set. 9th November in which I have to turn up
ford poplar
So prob considering a short ban?
BB Law
rsrussel

If this was the A13 towards Southend on the approach to the Pisea Flyover, then you may want to give me a call before you attend on the 9th Nov.

Does the letter say words to the effect of 'your case has been adjourned because the court is considering disqualifiying you'

or

does it say your guilty plea has not been accepted, please attend on the next occasion?

If it is the latter then this may have something to do with a case of mine that is currently before Chelmsford Mags and I would be very interested to discuss the matter with you.

BB Law
Danigood
Hi BB Law

I received an NIP on the same part, just before the Pitsea exit.

My NIP does not state my Speed, it was the morning of the England Rugby, at 08:00.

I think I was doing 75-80, and I beleive the temporary sign was very temporary as I dont believe its there now. Plus I never saw any earlier signs and the motorcyclist was very near the 50mph signpost??

Dan
SteveCoops
I've just received an NIP for doing over 50 last Friday on the A130 roadworks between Sadler's farm and the A127 - also Boreham motorcycle unit! I saw him stand next to his bike, he took a step toward the road, pointed at me then wrote down, I assume, my reg number. I never saw a speed gun, but I may well just have not noticed it.

I currently have no points so am wondering what I might be expecting - I reckon I was getting on for 65-70MPH...

Cheers,
Steve
southpaw82
If you want advice start your own thread, don't hijack others.
SteveCoops
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 25 Oct 2011 - 20:13) *
If you want advice start your own thread, don't hijack others.

OK sorry I just thought mine was pretty similar.
BaggieBoy
It is, but we have a one case / one thread policy.
rsrussell
I think the laser is mounted on his handlebars or on the rear box of the bike??
When i went past him the other day he looks at the back of his bike, possibly to view the speed etc.
The Rookie
No it's not, not sure what you saw but the laser device will be hand held and look vaguely like a hair dryer but black and boxier!

Simon
locky82
How did you get on???

I've also been caught there and am waiting on my summons!

This letter in the echo tonight was good to read. Although I really don't want to have to cough up £350 and receive 6 points. The punishment does not fit the 'crime'.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/readerlett...ngs_for_police/
rsrussell
6 point and £402. Very pleased I get to keep my license
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.