Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 33mph in a 30?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Jamin156
Hi Guys

i was flashed this morning on the A40 in denham and i think i was doing 33mph? maybe 34 at the max would this be the type of case i may be able to get dropped or am i going to have to take the points?

i have 6 points on my license already so scared that i will be on 9 if i take these points??

any helpful hints that could help me get out of this would be very much aappreciated

thanks in advance for any help i recieve

Jamie
Logician
Usually enforcement starts at 35mph, but anything over 30 is illegal, so no reason for it to be dropped and we have heard rumours of cameras now set for a lower limit. If you take your foot off as soon as you see a flash, by the time you look at the speedo you may have slowed a little anyway, but cross fingers you saw a flash triggered by another vehicle. If you have not done a speed awareness course in the last three years, you may be offered one if you did get caught. Just a question of waiting now, for 14 days if you are the registered keeper.
Jamin156
i hope it was someone else that triggered it........ a40 is a very busy road and there was traffic around me.......

another question...... if they do not serve the NIP in 14 days can i get the whoel case dropped? also even if i was travveling at 33-34 is this the sorta speed you could take to court and get the charges dropped?
Aretnap
I was flashed a few months ago with my speedo reading 28 (looking at it before, during and after the flash) and heard nothing of it. There was no other traffic around so it wasn't a case of it being triggered by another car. I suspect that as most areas have more camera boxes than actual Gatsos, some boxes contain fake cameras which are not calibrated to any particular accuracy, or are set to flash below the normal enforcement threshold. So if you're lucky you'll have been flashed by one of them. If your speedo was showing 33-34 the chances are that your true speed was a couple of mph lower, but as Logician says most people tend to ease off the accelerator then look at the speedo, and ultimately doing 31 is still an offence. Cross your fingers and see if anything turns up in the post.

QUOTE (Jamin156 @ Mon, 19 Sep 2011 - 10:27) *
If they do not serve the NIP in 14 days can i get the whoel case dropped?

Yes, assuming you're the registered keeper and your details are up to date with the DVLA. However, the onus would be on you to prove that it was not served, which can be difficult.

also even if i was travveling at 33-34 is this the sorta speed you could take to court and get the charges dropped?

No. Anything over 30 is an offence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.