Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Hidden Can They Be?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
WillBeSlowingDownNow
Hey all, I was given 3 points by a roadside patrol yesterday. Obviously I was over the 70 limit, the only thing that is a bit gutting is that the method of 'capture' wasn't very fair.....yes I know I was still naughty - can anyone tell me if the following is acceptable?

Dual carraigeway just south of Perth

Volvo estate hidden down a lane (didnt see it until i was past and level with them)

Two police using tiny black binocilar looking device

Both police hidden up to half their chest by long grass.

At first I thought they were council workers cutting the grass or something, having the vehicle hidden like that makes the whole operation seem more like money collecting than being a visible detterent such as seing a camera van on a bridge.

Again, yes i was a little over but the officer even wrote 'not busy and clear conditions' on the NIP. They set off after me and pulled me over to give the NIP, they were polite and i have no issue with them directly however the fact that they were SO covert just seems to be a little ungentlemanly.
southpaw82
Unsporting but legal.
Aretnap
They can be as hidden as they like. FWIW a van on a bridge will have a range of up to 999m and will usually see you before you see it no matter how visible it is, so that would be no less ungentlemanly. The police aren't required to make themselves known to speeding motorists, any more than they'd have to warn burglars that they were lying in wait.
WillBeSlowingDownNow
Haha, thanks for that guys - arte nice annecdote with the burglar

I'll pay the fine no problem first thing tomorrow, just never had any points before and pride myself on observation and driving to the conditions......this was just a little too sneaky and has played on my mind due to the 'unsporting' hiding.

Oh well, will use the cruise control when in that area now.

Monster 900
This hidden enough?
glasgow_bhoy
How fast we talking here? Cops usually use higher thresholds than vans, and don't get you from as far away as the vans do.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.