Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking fine
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
benuk2007
Hi,Last year June 2010 I broth a car from someone in the Internet for about£ 800 cash,so we filled all the document require log book.After 3month later I went to the council to renew my parking permit,the council told me that I have a parking fine of£450 I was shockt !! I've never recived a parking fine in my address,so I ask her when the fine was,she sad it was on march 2010,3month after I got the car and I had my driving in may 2010,so that can't me.after she give me the phone of the debt recovery team,I called them and I spock with them and I explain to them that the fine on the car is not mind then he asked me to fax me log book witch I did,after he sad he will call me back,but never here'd from him again!!and now yesterday 5 sep 2011 I went to the cuncil to get one year parking permit,they sad the same think as last year!!that I have parking fine,so I called the debt team to find out why that penalty still on my car?after I spoke with him,he sad he want to see a car recipt,then I tol him that it was scond hand car that I got from the inertnet and I don't have a recipt!!so hi sad he can not give one year parking permit till I get him a recipt for the car,so they give me 3month only!!!that is not fair!!!I don't know if they have the right to do that.please help.
SchoolRunMum
Strange one...can't see why they would give you a 3 month permit and not a 12 month one!

If you bought the car on the internet is there not an email trail or website evidence of purchase? Do the DVLA have a record of the date of purchase and/or date you became the registered keeper?
bama
odds are that 4x3 month permits is more expensive than 1x12 months..
benuk2007
QUOTE (benuk2007 @ Wed, 7 Sep 2011 - 09:52) *
Hi,Last year June 2010 I broth a car from someone in the Internet for about£ 800 cash,so we filled all the document require log book.After 3month later I went to the council to renew my parking permit,the council told me that I have a parking fine of£450 I was shockt !! I've never recived a parking fine in my address,so I ask her when the fine was,she sad it was on march 2010,3month after I got the car and I had my driving in may 2010,so that can't me.after she give me the phone of the debt recovery team,I called them and I spock with them and I explain to them that the fine on the car is not mind then he asked me to fax me log book witch I did,after he sad he will call me back,but never here'd from him again!!and now yesterday 5 sep 2011 I went to the cuncil to get one year parking permit,they sad the same think as last year!!that I have parking fine,so I called the debt team to find out why that penalty still on my car?after I spoke with him,he sad he want to see a car recipt,then I tol him that it was scond hand car that I got from the inertnet and I don't have a recipt!!so hi sad he can not give one year parking permit till I get him a recipt for the car,so they give me 3month only!!!that is not fair!!!I don't know if they have the right to do that.please help.

Neil B
Not quite sure what you last self-quote wa about?

I seem to remeber another discussion about this - but where?

Some relevant issues arose about whether they can do this at all. Possibly verging on Human Rights issues. If a parking debt is outstanding (as i think I understand it isn't) then it isn't a reason to deny a right to a permit while there is a Statutory process for dealing with the debt/penalty. If the matter remains unsettled, as there are still avenues open to resolve/decide the matter of the debt then there can be no right to refuse an application for a permit. At no final point have you been found to be at fault so refusal is effectively an extra penalty.

An 'outstanding parking penalty' is one that has exhausted the appeals process. Since very few of such exist without some kind of payment or resolution such a ban/hindrance is ridiculous.

is any of that making sense?

What Council are we talking about? What does their website say about permit applications??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.