Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus lane camera
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
greengoblin
Sounds like a story I know , but ,
I've a mate who just received a NIP for a bus lane offence . Does anyone know of a defense against this or will I tell him to be more patient next time he's at that roundabout ?
greengoblin
Forgot to add , he's in possesion of a S172 as well is he legally obliged to fill this in ? Don't know if it makes any difference but this is in Scotland.
matt1133
If possible, could you type/scan (there is help for this in the faq) up the Notice? leaving out personal info

Cheers,
matt
greengoblin
Sorry if this dosen't work , I'm new to this ...

I think this is just a standard letter but like I say very new and don't want him to get taken for a ride .
OU812
You might want to take those scans down and block out the Police ref numbers from them before reposting

The enemy IS watching!
greengoblin
Thanks , guess I'm a bit too trusting !!   icon_eek.gif
ASJ101
Bus lane law differs from town to town city to city.

I see that this Scottish one is not a cival prosicution, In England our legislators have decided after consultation that asking the owner who was driving was an absolute waste of thier time which is why they go after the registered keeper. You don't want innocence comming in to it do you?

The defense is, was it served correctly?

Para 4?

It was the wife/Rangers fan wot dun it me'lud

Hope this helps a bit
A
greengoblin
I don't know what you mean by para 4 .

It was delivered to his old address (100 miles away) and was only collected by chance ( no forwarding address) , the car registration details are not changed yet as he does not have a permanent address here yet.

Don't know if any of this helps or not . :?

Thanks again
matt1133
You could pm firefly or jeffreyarcher as they are knowledgeable of the Scottish system,

In Scotland, the unsigned route has been used and was successful in a couple of cases, this may well be the method suggested by them
ASJ101
By serving correctly I mean within 14 days of the offence as it applies to bus lane offences outside London.

Para 4 (look it up on this site) means you can not say for sure who was driving.

Scottish law expert required

A
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.