Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alleged Speeding Headingley Lane
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
brantonrhino
Hi,

There are no problems with the NIP and I am about to take this on the chin but the thought occurs to me that the other vehicle may have influenced the speed camera. I attach the pictures for reference. Is there a possible defence here or am I wasting my time?

Your thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks

BaggieBoy
Bang to rights I think. I reckon you travelled 6 1/2 markers, which are 5 feet apart. Assuming the pictures are 0.5 seconds that would mean you travelled 65 feet in a second, which converts to 44 MPH.
jlsmith
Can I ask how you got hold of the pictures? Did you receive them with the NIP?
brantonrhino
The NIP stated a web site, not got it to hand but it was something like WWW.safetycamerasyorkshire.co.uk. Thi Nip contained a PIN number and case reference that were needed to log on to the website. The site included the Nip, photos etc
brantonrhino
We have an offer of a 3 point fixed penalty and £60 fine. We will accept this as there seems no grounds for a defence. However, we are unable to submit the driving license with the FPN as it is already on its way to DVLC for endorsement and disqualification for the previous speeding offence of 105mph on a motorway.

How should we proceed?

Your advice much appreciated,

Thanks
Gan
If you can't accept the FPN because the licence isn't available, wait until you're summonsed.

Plead Guilty and ask for the penalty that you would have accepted if not for the administration problem.

The magistrates are used to this situation.

southpaw82
Or write and explain the situation to the fixed penalty office and they may extend the deadline.
brantonrhino
Thanks,

Will write to the FPN people as there is already correspondence with them explaining that my son was in Australia and could not return the FPN until he got back.
brantonrhino
Hi everyone,

The central processing bureau extended the deadline for receipt of FPN and DL to 7th November (5months after the alleged offence) following our explanation re Australia and then the license being held by the court in Rotherham following a 42day disqualification. Assuming we get the license back in time we will send it with the FPN and end this saga.

Thanks for your assistance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.