Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN 24 Not Parked Correctly within the markings of the bay or space HELP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
dannn
I got a PCN ( 24 ) yesterday parking at the road back of my house, I parked with 2 wheels on the kerb, trying to avoid any risk somebody hit the side mirror.

not a very wide road, I have seen many times, that's how everyone park there with bigger car,

I done some search on the site, would I be able to appeal this based on the parking space without any traffic sign placed that you must park within bay??

Please find the parking bay pics below. Thanks

hcandersen
Just a quick extract from a BANES traffic order (whether relevant or not I don't know as you've obscured the location):

(2) The Council on the carriageway shall indicate the limits of each parking place by
appropriate carriageway markings .

So, although a parking place is designated as being "bounded on one side of that length by
the edge of the carriageway of that road" and marked as mentioned above, the edge of the carriageway is IMO NOT a bay marking and therefore the contravention did not occur.

HCA

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.