Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: do you have to use thir nto form
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
marcostandy
hi im appealing a ticket and have sent off a letter of appeal after i received my notice to owner. now ive received a letter back saying that i need to write my appeal on the sheet of paper that they provided with the nto is this correct?.
the reason i ask is its only a couple of days left till the appeal time runs out and i think that they are just trying it on so that they can say sorry your appeal is out of time. the appeal was received by them on the 17/8/11 but its taken them till today 24/8/11 to gat back to me with this and the 28 days are up on the 28/8/11. any ideas thanks
Neil B
It's possibly debatable but may depend on what the NtO said in the first place. Since you haven't shown it or given any other info about your situation there is nothing more to say really.
orford
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/34...gulation/4/made

Representations against notice to owner

4.—(1) The recipient may make representations against a notice to owner to the enforcement authority which served the notice on him.

(2) Any representations under this regulation must—

(a)be made in such form as may be specified by the enforcement authority;

(b)be to either or both of the following effects—

(i)that, in relation to the alleged contravention on account of which the notice to owner was served, one or more of the grounds specified in paragraph (4) applies; or

(ii)that, whether or not any of those grounds apply, there are compelling reasons why, in the particular circumstances of the case, the enforcement authority should cancel the penalty charge and refund any sum paid to it on account of the penalty charge.
matttheladd
Depending on which EA you are dealing, you may be able to re-submit your representations via email or using an online facility. If you want some further advice or want someone to look over your representation get ALL of your paperwork scanned , edited of personal details and posted up on here ASAP. You still have some time but you will need to be quick.

Which council issued your PCN/NtO?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.