Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Civil Enforcement Ltd are threatening NPO
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
fives
I received a penalty charge notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd back in April this year. I wrote to them informing them I didnt park in the car park mentioned. They kept writing and eventually passed it on to Newlyn (their debt collectors). I wrote another letter, this time to Newlyn telling them I wasnt the driver of the vehicle (I really wasnt) that parked there, and any further correspondence from them would be treated as harassment.

Newlyn passed back to Civil Enforcement, who in turn wrote to me (letter received today) telling me I am to name the driver within the next 7 days. Failing to do so will mean they will seek a court order called a Norwich Pharmacal Order unless I have reasonable grounds to not disclose them.

I have perused Money Saving Expert forums, and noticed a thread on there that details somone in a similar situation. Apparently the PPC took it to court but the case was struck out on 2 occasions.

All of the advice I have read states I should ignore letters from the PPC. Should I disregard this latest threat concerning an NPO? Is it likely to be a hollow threat, or will I too be issued court papers?

EDIT: SHOULD READ If it was me and I had overstayed the allowed parking time by 10 minutes, I would do without this kind of aggrevation to be honest. If their 'fine' was more reasonable to begin with I would have probably just paid it on the drivers behalf. Now I'm expected to shell out over £200 for an overstay of 10 minutes.

I'm really not experienced in this type of thing at all, and am starting to get very worried with the mention of NPO's and court action. I've never been in any kind of trouble before and never even set foot in a court. I'm hoping theres someone out there more experienced than I who can help with some good advice.

Many thanks

Reason for edit: I dont know who reads these boards, and I dont want to implicate myself or others
Basfordlad
Trust me its a hollow threat intended to frighten you! I was the one who followed Excel.very closely when they tried it at.melton
Gan
Your post is slightly confusing - you say you weren't the driver and then that you over-stayed.

A little point that CE have failed to mention - if they apply for an NPO they are responsible for all the costs, at least £500, win or lose.

They only get it back if they then take the driver to court, and win.

Empty threat

Aretnap
And of course it would be a big gamble for them, as if it turned out that the honest answer to the question "who was driving" was "buggered if I can remember", CEL would have thrown £500 straight down the toilet. An NPO cannot force someone to reveal information they don't have.
Esmerobbo
Usual rubbish from CEL.

I notice the first paragraph says "No further correspondence will be entered into" Then how are you supposed to let them know?
emanresu
We will seek....

Seems like a complaint to Trading Standards may be in order if nothing transpires from their empty threats.

Look at the Directors

HON ANDREW MORAY STUART
Appointment Date:06 December 2010
Appointment Type:Current Director

QA NOMINEES LIMITED
Appointment Date:06 December 2006
Appointment Type:Current Director

QA REGISTRARS LIMITED

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscount_Stuart_of_Findhorn

An interesting collection of smoke. mirrors and hidden (shadow?) directors
Hotel Oscar 87
CEL is another of Gary Wayne's front companies.

The head office, and that of Mr Wayne's PLC - Creative Parking, is actually at 33/35, Daws Lane, London, NW7 4SD
nitpicker99
I too have had one of these as well as a "if you do not pay within 7 days we WILL issue an IMMEDIATE County Court summons" notice (my capitals).

Both were issued several weeks ago. In terms of unfair trading (or whatever) is there some significance in the use of the word will?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.