Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kingston PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Leeds Yellow
I received a parking ticket on Tuesday morning whilst parked in Tudor Road in Kingston.

I live in Leeds but during the week I lodge at a friend’s flat. I normally get back to the flat well after 8pm each night and leave again for the office before 7.30am the following morning so I’ve have never bothered with applying for a resident’s parking permit.

However, on Tuesday, I had a meeting in the City so was leaving the flat a little later than usual. Therefore, at 8.30am I used the Pay & Display machine (less than a couple of meters from my car) to purchase a parking ticket.

An hour later, setting-off to the station, I find a parking warden attaching a PCN to my car. The warden provided me with (a sorry excuse for..) an explanation: that I should have parked on the other side of the road in order for my parking ticket to valid.

Photos of my PCN attached.

Inevitably, I’m incensed – the nearest parking restriction sign (only a couple of meters from my car) and the adjacent Pay and Display machine clearly suggest that parking is permitted provided I purchase a ticket, which I did. To my mind, this is a blatant attempt to mislead.

Would welcome any advice on how I appeal. Or even if it’s worth appealing.

Many thanks
paulajayne
Remove your details from the image (VRN) leave location and time.
Pics of location where you parked and signs will help. Also we need to see the back of the pcn.

paula
hcandersen
The actual location is vitally important.

I'm confused. From what you say the combination of parking places would have to have been a resident's bay opposite a P&D or shared use bay. But from what I can see that combination doesn't exist in Tudor. There's Permit holders only opposite shared use, but no Resident's permit only.

Are you able to explain i.e. what sign was in the bay where you were parked?

HCA
Mortimer
Please post images in the manner described in the forum FAQ. A link to this is in my signature. I will not be able to view the ZIP file and unpack it on my mobile device.
Leeds Yellow
QUOTE (paulajayne @ Fri, 12 Aug 2011 - 17:14) *
Remove your details from the image (VRN) leave location and time.
Pics of location where you parked and signs will help. Also we need to see the back of the pcn.

paula

Thanks for the reply - been trying to upload a series of photos but unable to due to the size of the files. Any ideas pls?
bama
use an intermediary free hosting site
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=16

not photobucket please !
Leeds Yellow
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Fri, 12 Aug 2011 - 17:36) *
The actual location is vitally important.

I'm confused. From what you say the combination of parking places would have to have been a resident's bay opposite a P&D or shared use bay. But from what I can see that combination doesn't exist in Tudor. There's Permit holders only opposite shared use, but no Resident's permit only.

Are you able to explain i.e. what sign was in the bay where you were parked?

HCA

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion, I'm a complete novice and didn't appreciate the vagueries.

It transpires that the bay I was parked in was a Permit Holders only. The shared use bays (I now know) are on the other side of the extremely narrow street.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.