Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN for scooter in Camden Borough
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
blueberry
Hi, i recently received 2 parking tickets and would really appriciate any info or advice on how to avoid paying these!

One in Camden (outside my house) on Saturday 23rd July morning, parking restrictions were 9:30-1:30. Apparently scooters are not permitted to park either and require a permit, i didnt know as i've just moved in and looked into it yet.
The thing was on that day there was no parking ticket- i only found out i had received one because my neighbour mentioned it this weekend and i called Camden - they confirmed i had.
So i have nothing to scan in and show...
Is there any clauses in which because i haven't actually received a ticket i can get out of it?

My 2nd one I received at the weekend- it was in Westminster and i had parked in a scooter bay, it was a long one and at the side i had parked there was a small sign saying the times:
mon-fir 9:30-6:30
sat 9:30-1:30
i presumed it to be the restrictions and as it was after 1:30 left my scooter there - when i came back saw id gotten a ticket waled further up the bay and there was indeed a sign saying 9:30-6:30
because it was a scooter bay the fine is less at £80 and if i pay within 14 days it will be £40..
I heard once that westminster as a gesture of good will let you off your first pcn... i have inquired and it seems this is not the case anymore...

i will photocopy and put the 2nd pcn on here

any help would be really appriciated!

thanks
Gan
This needs moving to the council tickets forum
interlog
With regards the first PCN - if the Council can proof that it was served (eg attached to the scooter) you will be liable for the full fine despite somebody else perhaps taking it off the scooter. I have previously asked Camden Council to reset to discount succesfully when it showed on the picture of the Notice to Owner (the next step of the process) that the PCN was attached to the vehicle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.