Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: forward facing cameras
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
wdpch
hi all, i was flashed by a camera (doing 36 in 30 zone) the camera flash when i was very close to it making me veer to my right nearly causing a head on collision. i think that these cameras are supposed to be infra red, and you are not suppose to be able to see the flash. are these cameras suppose to be a certain colour ? they are the sort that have 3 small white lines in front of them. is there a time limit for me to recieve a notice of intent the date of the ticket was the 26/6 / 11 and the date they sent out the notice was on the 1/7/11, but i didnt recieve it until the 19/7/11 and there is no post mark on the envelope(south wales police) any help would be greatfully recieved
southpaw82
A Truvelo camera does not use an infra red flash, it uses a flash with a magenta filter and you will still see it.

The police have 14 days excluding the date of the offence to serve an NIP on the driver or registered keeper.
wdpch
where could i find the regulated road markings layout for this type of camera?
southpaw82
Three white lines across the carriageway.
Logician
Are you the registered keeper (to whom the first NIP is sent)?
If so, can you prove when the NIP arrived?
Hotel Oscar 87
The "regulated" markings are defined fully in the manufacturer's handbook which of course is not published. However, some of the details are known, that the centre of the three white lines must be some 1.8m ahead of the last of the piezo sensors (set in the road) and the other two white lines must be 18cm on either side of the centre line. They can be found on the Truvelo website. The magenta filter is specified in the Home Office Type Approval.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.