Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speeding
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
chrissie132
i have recieved a notice of speeding, 57 in a 50 at the location above and have asked for the photo and the calibration certificate for that camera on that day.

I have received the photo back but it doesnt show a speed and the exact location says it was south end of bus lane layby at junction with lane to Glewstone. I think this is a completely different location?? also I'm sure I wasnt doing 57. also they say i cant see the calibration certificate unless I plead guilty and go to court. this all seems very strange and unfair.

Any thoughts on the location, the lack of speed on the photo, and the calibration certificate?
Chrissie
Pete D
There is no requirment to provide you with a photo but most scamera unit do. Unless you plead 'not' guilty they will not provide an other evidence. Use google street view to check the location. You may be offered a speed awareness course instead of points.
Even if you think there is something wrong you still have to complete the NIP. If you do not receive a SAC but recieve a FPN then that is the time for you to either accept it or reject it and take it court. Pete D
Logician
It is correct that you are not entitled to see any evidence unless you plead not guilty and go to court, which means you have lost the opportunity to take a fixed penalty or do a speed awareness course if offered.

It would be useful if you would complete the NIP wizard, including the additional questions. It may be that you have a defence if the NIP named a completely wrong location.

The photo looks very strange with the data block at an angle, has anyone come across this before?
Hotel Oscar 87
The location as described is entirely consistent. The area of the A40 dual carriageway at the top of Pencraig hill south-west of Ross has long been a favoured site - principally for the capture of Monmouth-bound traffic. A slight variation of van parking positions have been used over the years including those on the central reservation and in the lay-by's and nearside slip lanes between the left-hand bend and the hotel.

The image gives the impression of being created by using a camera to take a shot of a still from the original video footage shown onscreen - thus causing the datablock to appear offset. the same effect could be created by taking an off-centre photocopy of a screenprint. The original "ping" appears to have been taken from the central reservation, probably in the area of the Glewstone turning crossover point (Click here for Google maps - suggest point is at the centre), shot, in a south-easterly direction, against the stone walls bounding the eastern side of the road north of the hotel. The turning to the left going off towards the top right hand corner is the Glewstone road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.