Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Djkus
Parked my bike in town today off the road onto the wide footpath between car park and road.
Got back few hours later and I had a ticket wrapped around my throttle with elastic band.
I have always parked my bike here. So do many others.

I have seen the pics of my "offence" as they are online with my ticket.
I will try and post links to them below

Can I appeal this?
This happened in Bangor northern Ireland

flyingscot
Hi,

Saw it on MSE, and kind of replied there. It looks like there are double yellows on the street. In most circumstances waiting restrictions apply to the centre of the road to back of footway/verge- I think this is the same in NI but not 100% on that. The question is- is that public road and where is the back of the footway I suppose. I think it is- there is a sign in it and the hedge is possibly back of footway in this case.

I don't know NI system well- they are issued by PSNI right so Police ticket?

Someone else with more knowhow can confirm / correct the above.

Cheers
Djkus
The parking tickets are issued by ncp..they used to be traffic wardens but has been privatised a few yrs ago. Nothing t d with psni at all now.
Yes,on looking back at the pics..a couple of metres to the right of the bike is a double yello line. To the other side of the bike is a pay and display car park.

I never park in car parks as often is the case cars don't see bikes and just reverse into them or drive into them when parking. Parking here as I always do when I'm in town is the safest place in my mind.

qafqa
The parking tickets are issued by ncp..they used to be traffic wardens but has been privatised a few yrs ago. Nothing t d with psni at all now.

Thanks for that news Djkus, it opens up the options for challenging the PCN considerably.

Can you post the pictures of the PCN in your thread please, a recent poster was advised not to
link to a Facebook page and doing so will limit the advice you receive significantly.

How to prepare and post photographs/images
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858
Djkus
I have attatched 4 pics that they took of my "offence" and attatched them online here.
There was another one showing number plate on my bike but i have omitted that pic here...

As you can see, im not in the way of anything and im far from the double yellow lines on the road.

what do you think i should do? paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.