Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN: 27
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
jb84
Parked outside work today and recieved a PCN code 27. The road has single yellow lines on one side, the other side has no markings or signs. Parking is extremely tight on the road as there is no off road parking available at the school I work at. I'm guessing I will just have to pay this but thought I would check here before coughing up the cash, any help would be much appreciated.

PCN issued by Nottingham city council should that make any difference.

This is the spot where I was parked infront of the dropped curb.
hcandersen
Pl post the PCN, both sides with only personal details removed.

HCA
qafqa

Does the blue car mark the position at the time of the alleged contravention
and the the PCN was for the 'dropped kerb' at the road hump to the rear of
the vehicle, or is there also DK in front, near the large gates?

jb84
QUOTE (qafqa @ Mon, 11 Jul 2011 - 16:11) *
Is the photograph intended to show the PCN was solely for the 'dropped kerb' at the road hump
to the rear of the vehicle or is there also DK in front of the vehicle near the large gates?

Sorry its probably not the best photo, I can get more should they be required, it's litterally right outside my door. The kerb is normal up until the gates then it stops for the entrance.
qafqa
The kerb is normal up until the gates then it stops for the entrance.

Thanks for the information, so the PCN was for a dropped kerb at the front of the blue car.

jb84
Apologies for massive images

My car was in the space, i moved it then took the photo as the tow away truck was on route.

QUOTE (qafqa @ Mon, 11 Jul 2011 - 16:23) *
The kerb is normal up until the gates then it stops for the entrance.

Thanks for the information, so the PCN was for a dropped kerb at the front of the blue car.

My car was in the space, the PCN is for the dropped kerb on the hump i guess.
qafqa
This recent thread is about a similar 'dropped footway' onto a road hump, it is for background
information only as the circumstances are slightly different.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=60605
'raised carriageway' parking ticket

Is the Nottingham tactile (light coloured) surface dropped by an appreciable amount and how much
of the vehicle projected onto the road hump.

Looking at that photo the back wheels would need to be on the red paving before the rear of
the car would obstruct the (not) dropped footway.
hcandersen
I'd make informal reps on the obvious point which is that the kerb at this location had not been dropped to meet the carriageway and therefore the contravention did not occur.

This is something of a tester, but let's see what they say. Get it in within the 14-day period and the discount will be frozen.

This would be more straightforward in London where Code 28 is available for "raised kerb" contraventions.

HCA
jb84
This is a good point. The kerb is very low along the entire road anyway. They replaced the pavement with a different surface but I think the actual kerb remains the same height. I will have a proper look at it when I'm back at work, I don't think in 6 years anyone has had a ticket parked there, other members of staff park there everyday.
jb84
Thanks, it's quite similar I think to that case. I'm not sure the kerb actually drops at all. My car was in-between both the parked vehicles, I'm unsure exactly where as I moved it quickly but it was over the road hump a lot.
jb84
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Mon, 11 Jul 2011 - 17:09) *
I'd make informal reps on the obvious point which is that the kerb at this location had not been dropped to meet the carriageway and therefore the contravention did not occur.

This is something of a tester, but let's see what they say. Get it in within the 14-day period and the discount will be frozen.

This would be more straightforward in London where Code 28 is available for "raised kerb" contraventions.

HCA

To confirm the kerb has not been dropped here the hump is at the same height. Sorry to possibly appear naieve but what is informal reps ? Should my approach be to contact NCC stating the reason why I wish to challenge the fine indicating the ticket was issued for a dropped kerbway which is incorrect ?
qafqa
what is informal reps ?

I guess this is a shortening of informal representation and refers to the procedure
described on the PCN under 'if you believe that the penalty should not be paid and
wish to challenge the PCN.'

So that the staff can understand the fact the footway is not dropped photographs
showing the kerb has not been lowered would be needed and, as stuff happens, be sure to
get a confirmation email or if sending a letter, keep copies and get a proof of posting card
from the Post Office.

The reason for the sudden enforcement might be a new paragraph to cover this situation
has been added to a traffic order, but for now the 'footway has not been dropped' point is
an honest description of the circumstances.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.