Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
dan79
Hi

I am very upset as I got a parking ticket yesterday for being 5 minutes late back, I understand I should have been back my fault, but I work at a hospital, what if I was someone visiting an ill relative is there no discression from these people! The other anoying thing is, I park there every week put £3,50 in and that normally covers me, only this time i did the the same, but as I was in a rush collected the ticket and just put it in my window without checking (my fault I know) but you expect the machine to take your money, I didnt hear any money fall, the ticket says £3.00 to my disapointment wehn I came back as I did put £3,50 in. Its £3 per hour but strangely my ticket gave me an extra 7 minutes 13:28- 14:35, so some of that extra ,50 registered. Im not sure if this helps and if I have a case for appeal, but ive become increasingly frustrated with these councils abusing their positions.

If i don't no problem I will just pay it and remember to check my ticket next time.

Thanks

Sorry Iforgot to add the fine will do now just getting use to it
Gan
Is this a "Penalty Charge Notice" issued by a council or is it a "Parking Charge Notice" issued by either the hospital or a private company.

If it's council, post it up all pages with your personal details removed.
If it's private, ignore it and all the junk mail threatograms that will follow.
dan79

emanresu
Suggest you go online fairly soon and put in an informal appeal along the lines mentioned i.e. regular parker; same routine; genuine mistake; LA could check the machine maintenance to see that it is not registering; etc.

You will then get the further 14 days which will allow you to make as many additional appeals as you can within the full 28 day period. If you write it carefully/clearly, if it ever gets to adjudication you can show that you are a reasonable and believable person making a genuine mistake. It counts for a lot at Adjudication.

Edit: By the way the PCN is crap.

"NTO WILL be issued." / Only 1 challenge etc
dan79
It isa council one, ok I wrote an inital appeal but I dont feel to confident but you never kno I guess, thanks for all your help so far, will let youknow what they say
dan79
I havent heard back from them do I just wait for a response?
dan79
I spoke to them today they have told me it is frozen at £40 pound until they make a decision

thanks
J_Edgar
Also the text on the back of the PCN makes the assumption in several places that the recipient of the PCN is the owner of the vehicle.

"you will need to wait for the Notice to Owner"
"you must respond to the Notice to Owner"
"you will be able to appeal to the independent adjudicator"

This is exceptionally missleading.

Neil B
As the p&d ticket actually only says £3 and gave that extra 7 mins I'd say it is strong evidence the machine was defective and hence sheds enough doubt on a contravention having occurred. I think, in the circumstances, an Adjudicator might actually be able to rule on that rather than just make a 'recommendation' on mitigation.
dan79
Hi bit of dealy in getting this up as was away, do I have a chance at all with this? Ive been on the southwark webite and it still says I only owe £40, I am tempted to pay now as ive left it late but at the same time still agrieved at the situation.

Thanks in advance

emanresu
Dan

If you want to go ahead with the challenge you'll need to read this (successful) one

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=57188

There is an outline there for you together with the reference to the wording.
Neil B
QUOTE (paulfox @ Wed, 29 Feb 2012 - 13:48) *
Got a parking ticket/PCN in the UK?

[Spam removed]

IDIOT TOUT
Fredd
FFS - if you see a spammer, use the Report button and we'll get rid of them and their posts. DON'T quote their garbage complete with spam links!!!
Neil B
Sorry Fredd. I just wanted to vent my anger at the ****.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.