Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tower Bridge - Contesting / Challenging Allegation
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
moonsglory
[size="3"][font="Arial"]I am in process of considering whether or not to challenge City of London Police or to accept Conditional Offer 3pt £60.

Allegation = 29mph, in 20mph

Possible defenses,
1. no notice of speed requirement (signs not visible from turn onto Tower Bridge)
and not at eyelevel on entry to bridge - have photos, and video from drivers side
2. only signs were 30 mph
3. evidence they sent was 2 pics of our plate, and one time, i can't tell if that is is on or off the bridge / but I would expect there to be 2 times provided, otherwise how can they calculate the speed?

I'd like to know if anyone out there has experience or advice as to these defenses,

or if anyone has successfully challenged the allegations re: Tower Bridge speeding

or if anyone knows if I go to court, will it prejudice my conditional offer

put another way, by not taking up the Conditional Offer, might I be penalised by the Court with a higher fine and points

also, anyone know how much one can take up with CJU . City of London police, before going to court, ie is it possible to semi-contest via communications before the 28 day time runs.

thanks all.
southpaw82
QUOTE (moonsglory @ Thu, 7 Jul 2011 - 17:41) *
and not at eyelevel on entry to bridge - have photos, and video from drivers side

Show us.

3. evidence they sent was 2 pics of our plate, and one time, i can't tell if that is is on or off the bridge / but I would expect there to be 2 times provided, otherwise how can they calculate the speed?

Depends what caught you.

or if anyone knows if I go to court, will it prejudice my conditional offer

put another way, by not taking up the Conditional Offer, might I be penalised by the Court with a higher fine and points

Yes, the conditional offer will disappear.

also, anyone know how much one can take up with CJU . City of London police, before going to court, ie is it possible to semi-contest via communications before the 28 day time runs.

Probably not a lot, they'll just summons you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.